Save 40% on admission to the top 4 Philadelphia attractions with CityPASS.
- Race virtual competitors along a projected surface, learn how to throw the perfect pitch, and discover how much protection a football helmet actually provides in the NEW sport science exhibit, SportsZone!
- See a silhouette of your nervous system on a jumbo screen mimic your every move in Your Brain!
- Watch science come alive before your eyes at our LIVE science shows! Create a cloud, discover the chemistry behind pyrotechnic explosions, and experience the effects of microgravity – LIVE on stage.
- Watch your little ones explore the scientific principles of sound, movement, geology, and reflection in fun and interesting ways in the KidScience exhibit (ages 8 and younger).
THE FRANKLIN INSTITUTE
222 North 20th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
On 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Summer Hours (July-Labor Day): 9:30am-7pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and May 4, 2017.
Please note: Closing times are subject to change. Please see website for current schedule.
IMAX Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6. (Additional upgrade charge for major motion picture IMAX films.)
Adventure Flight 4-D & Max Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5/ride.
Sky Bike: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3/ride.
Franklin Theater (3-D): Cost for CityPASS holders: $4 (full-length feature presentation prices vary).
Discount: Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Sci-Store. See booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Tuttleman IMAX movies frequently sell out; purchase your tickets in advance; (215) 448-1254 or see details here.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations; see details.
- Download the Franklin Institute mobile app to make your visit even better! You'll find exhibit descriptions, daily schedules, navigation and directions, and even virtual reality experiences.
- Dining: Franklin Foodworks, Franklin Foodworks Express
- Gift Shop: Sci-Store
Best time to visit: Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it's less crowded. Also, CityPASS holders can check in at the Franklin Membership Desk to skip the main ticket line.
Accessibility: Assistive listening devices and wheelchairs available at no charge.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.