Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
The Franklin Institute
We have FUN down to a science! Experience live science happening all around you! Walk through the iconic, two-story tall Giant Heart, have a ball in our NEW sport science exhibit, SportsZone*, and climb through a web of firing neurons in Your Brain. Travel to faraway galaxies in the Fels Planetarium, see explosive, live science shows, and more! Be sure to visit The Brain Bar where you can touch a real (plastinated) human brain. *SportsZone opens October 24.
General admission to this vibrant museum dedicated to science and technology. Includes one show at the awe-inspiring Fels Planetarium 4-story-tall dome.
222 North 20th Street
On 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Summer Hours (July-Labor Day): 9:30am-7pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, April 21, 2016.
Please note: Closing times are subject to change; please check website for updated listings.
- Race virtual competitors along a projected surface, learn how to throw the perfect pitch, and discover how much protection a football helmet actually provides in the NEW sport science exhibit, SportsZone*! *SportsZone opens October 24.
- See a silhouette of your nervous system on a jumbo screen mimic your every move in Your Brain!
- Science comes alive before your eyes with our LIVE science shows! Create a cloud, discover the chemistry behind pyrotechnic explosions, and experience the effects of microgravity – LIVE on stage.
- Children 8 and younger have their very own place to play and learn in the KidScience exhibit! Your little ones will explore the scientific principles of sound, movement, geology, and reflection in fun and interesting ways.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main box office. During busy times in summer and on weekends, skip the ticketing line and check in at the Membership Desk.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
IMAX Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6. (Additional upgrade charge for major motion picture IMAX films.)
Adventure Flight 4-D & Max Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5/ride.
Sky Bike: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3/ride.
Franklin Theater (3-D): Cost for CityPASS holders: $4 (full-length feature presentation prices vary).
The Art of the Brick: The Art of the Brick is the world’s largest gallery of LEGO® art and a "top 10 must-see exhibit" according to CNN! This art gallery features over 100 creations, assembled from more than one million LEGO bricks, and it's all from the mind of famed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya, who left his job as a corporate attorney in order to follow his dreams of being a full-time artist and to work exclusively with the world’s most popular toy. Open through October 4, 2015. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adults, $10; Youth, $9.
Ghengis Khan: Uncover the amazing story of one of the world’s greatest leaders and most misunderstood conquerors, Genghis Khan. Learn how his empire forever changed the face of the world, and discover his legacy as both a ruthless warrior and a revered statesman. Experience life in 13th-century Mongolia and see over 200 historical treasures including weapons, jewels, monuments, and more. Open through January 3, 2016. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adult, $10; Youth $9.
Advice for Visitors
- Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it's less crowded. Also, CityPASS holders can check in at the Franklin Membership Desk to skip the main ticket line.
- Tuttleman IMAX movies frequently sell out; purchase your tickets in advance; (215) 448-1254 or see details.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations; see details.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Sci-Store. See booklet for details.
Parking: Garage (entrance at 21st and Winter streets): Up to 1 hour, $9; 1-5 hrs, $15; 5-12 hrs, $20; up to 24 hours, $25. Metered street parking nearby.
Dining: Franklin Foodworks, Franklin Foodworks Express
Accessibility: Assistive listening devices and wheelchairs available at no charge.
Gift Shop: Sci-Store
Coat Check: Available seasonally.
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 7, 32, 33 and 48, and by Regional Rail (Suburban Station); for SEPTA schedules and info, call (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 17 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Plan Your Visit to Philadelphia - Use our collection of Philadelphia tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Philadelphia attractions.
Top reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997