Philadelphia CityPASS » The Franklin Institute
The Franklin Institute
Expand your universe at Pennsylvania’s most visited museum! The Franklin Institute is home to three floors of interactive exhibits, live daily demonstrations, two flight simulators, three theaters including Philadelphia’s largest IMAX® screen and much more. Don’t miss Electricity, Sports Challenge, Space Command and the famous walk- through Giant Heart!
222 North 20th Street
On 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City
Open daily, 9:30am‑5pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and April 25, 2013.
Please note: Closing times are subject to change; please check website for updated listings.
General admission to this vibrant museum dedicated to science and technology. Includes one show at the awe-inspiring Fels Planetarium 4-story-tall dome.
- Explore three floors of internationally-recognized interactive exhibitions and programs.
- KidScience takes children ages 5-8 through a fictional story where they uncover the foundations of science pertaining to Light, Water, Earth and Air.
- Franklin Airshow special effects bring you the sights and sounds of a real air show.
- The Fels Planetarium 4 story tall dome digital projection screen is included with CityPASS.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main box office. During busy times in summer and on weekends, the membership desk may be used to skip the main ticket line.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
SPY: The Secret World of Espionage: May 4-October 6, 2013.
IMAX Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6
Adventure Flight 4-D & Max Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5/ride
Sky Bike: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3/ride
Franklin Theater (3-D): Cost for CityPASS holders: $4 (full-length feature presentation prices vary)
Advice for Visitors
- Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it's less crowded. Also, CityPASS holders can check in at the Franklin Membership Desk to skip the main ticket line.
- Tuttleman IMAX movies frequently sell out; purchase your tickets in advance; (215) 448-1254 or see details.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations; see details.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Sci-Store. See booklet for details.
Parking: Garage (entrance at 21st and Winter streets): 1-5 hrs, $12; 5-12 hrs, $15; up to 24 hours, $25. Metered street parking nearby.
Dining: FRANKLIN Foodworks, FRANKLIN Foodworks Express
Accessibility: Assistive listening devices and wheelchairs available at no charge.
Gift Shop: Sci-Store
Coat Check: Available seasonally.
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 7, 32, 33 and 48, and by Regional Rail (Suburban Station); for SEPTA schedules and info, call (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 14 (all-day ticket is included with CityPASS).
Plan Your Visit to Philadelphia - Use our collection of Philadelphia attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Five attraction tickets
in one easy purchase
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 13+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 2–12||Enter Qty||
Decided to buy this pass after seeing the prices to visit some of the places offered. This is definitely a steal! WAs able to visit 3 places in a day and still go off on my own to see the city. You won't be disappointed.