Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
The Franklin Institute
We have FUN down to a science! Explore three floors of interactive exhibits including The Giant Heart, Changing Earth, Sports Challenge, and Your Brain—the Institute’s newest and largest exhibit! See explosive live science shows, try your hand at making recycled paper, and travel to faraway galaxies in the Planetarium. Fun for all ages!
General admission to this vibrant museum dedicated to science and technology. Includes one show at the awe-inspiring Fels Planetarium 4-story-tall dome.
222 North 20th Street
On 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Summer Hours (July-Labor Day): 9:30am-7pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, April 24, 2014 and June 12, 2014.
Please note: Closing times are subject to change; please check website for updated listings.
- Travel through a two-story tall neural network climbing structure in the newest exhibit, Your Brain, complete with dynamic lighting and sound effects that are triggered by your footsteps!
- Take a tour of the cosmos in the nation’s second oldest Planetarium—included with CityPASS.
- Children 8 and younger have their very own place to play and learn in the KidScience exhibit! Your little ones will explore the scientific principles of sound, movement, geology, and reflection in fun and interesting ways.
- Walk through the Giant Heart! At two-stories high, this heart would be the accurate size for a 220-foot tall person.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main box office. During busy times in summer and on weekends, skip the ticketing line and check in at the Membership Desk.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
IMAX Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6. (Additional upgrade charge for major motion picture IMAX films.)
Adventure Flight 4-D & Max Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5/ride.
Sky Bike: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3/ride.
Franklin Theater (3-D): Cost for CityPASS holders: $4 (full-length feature presentation prices vary).
Body Worlds: Animals Inside Out: Embark on an anatomical safari and explore the intricate biology, zoology, and physiology of the world’s most spectacular creatures, large and small! Open October 4, 2014-April 12, 2015. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adults, $10; Youth, $9.
The Art of the Brick: The Art of the Brick is the world’s largest gallery of LEGO® art and a "top 10 must-see exhibit" according to CNN! This art gallery features over 100 creations, assembled from more than one million LEGO bricks, and it's all from the mind of famed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya, who left his job as a corporate attorney in order to follow his dreams of being a full-time artist and to work exclusively with the world’s most popular toy. Open through September 6, 2015. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adults, $10; Youth, $9.
Advice for Visitors
- Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it's less crowded. Also, CityPASS holders can check in at the Franklin Membership Desk to skip the main ticket line.
- Tuttleman IMAX movies frequently sell out; purchase your tickets in advance; (215) 448-1254 or see details.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations; see details.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Sci-Store. See booklet for details.
Parking: Garage (entrance at 21st and Winter streets): Up to 1 hour, $9; 1-5 hrs, $15; 5-12 hrs, $20; up to 24 hours, $25. Metered street parking nearby.
Dining: FRANKLIN Foodworks, FRANKLIN Foodworks Express
Accessibility: Assistive listening devices and wheelchairs available at no charge.
Gift Shop: Sci-Store
Coat Check: Available seasonally.
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 7, 32, 33 and 48, and by Regional Rail (Suburban Station); for SEPTA schedules and info, call (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 17 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Plan Your Visit to Philadelphia - Use our collection of Philadelphia tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Philadelphia attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997