Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
The Franklin Institute
We have FUN down to a science! Explore three floors of interactive exhibits including The Giant Heart, Changing Earth, Sports Challenge, and Your Brain—the Institute’s newest and largest exhibit! See explosive live science shows, try your hand at making recycled paper, and travel to faraway galaxies in the Planetarium. Fun for all ages!
General admission to this vibrant museum dedicated to science and technology. Includes one show at the awe-inspiring Fels Planetarium 4-story-tall dome.
222 North 20th Street
On 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Summer Hours (July-Labor Day): 9:30am-7pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, April 24, 2014 and June 12, 2014.
Please note: Closing times are subject to change; please check website for updated listings.
- Travel through a two-story tall neural network climbing structure in the newest exhibit, Your Brain, complete with dynamic lighting and sound effects that are triggered by your footsteps!
- Take a tour of the cosmos in the nation’s second oldest Planetarium—included with CityPASS.
- Children 8 and younger have their very own place to play and learn in the KidScience exhibit! Your little ones will explore the scientific principles of sound, movement, geology, and reflection in fun and interesting ways.
- Walk through the Giant Heart! At two-stories high, this heart would be the accurate size for a 220-foot tall person.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main box office. During busy times in summer and on weekends, skip the ticketing line and check in at the Membership Desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Ocean Soul by National Geographic
Open through December 5, 2014
Set sail through the magical realms of the ocean and reveal a world few have ever seen. Embark on an unprecedented journey into the depths of the ocean with renowned photographer Brian Skerry, and be whisked away to a breathtaking underwater oasis.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
IMAX Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6
Adventure Flight 4-D & Max Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5/ride
Sky Bike: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3/ride
Franklin Theater (3-D): Cost for CityPASS holders: $4 (full-length feature presentation prices vary)
Advice for Visitors
- Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it's less crowded. Also, CityPASS holders can check in at the Franklin Membership Desk to skip the main ticket line.
- Tuttleman IMAX movies frequently sell out; purchase your tickets in advance; (215) 448-1254 or see details.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations; see details.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Sci-Store. See booklet for details.
Parking: Garage (entrance at 21st and Winter streets): Up to 1 hour, $9; 1-5 hrs, $15; 5-12 hrs, $20; up to 24 hours, $25. Metered street parking nearby.
Dining: FRANKLIN Foodworks, FRANKLIN Foodworks Express
Accessibility: Assistive listening devices and wheelchairs available at no charge.
Gift Shop: Sci-Store
Coat Check: Available seasonally.
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 7, 32, 33 and 48, and by Regional Rail (Suburban Station); for SEPTA schedules and info, call (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 17 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Plan Your Visit to Philadelphia - Use our collection of Philadelphia tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Philadelphia attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 46%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Extra Value Coupons
Happy travelers since 1997