Save 50% on admission to the top 5 Houston attractions with CityPASS.
- Lions, tigers, and bears…oh my! Meet the king of the jungle, tigers, jaguars, bears, fossa, and so many other carnivores as you trek through the wilds of the Carnivore Exhibit.
- Watch young elephants Duncan and Tupelo splash around in their 80,000-gallon pool, and see keeper talks from the elephant care team in the shaded, 200-seat demonstration area.
- Walk down a winding boardwalk to see a wide variety of rare and endangered primates, including lemurs, mandrills, siamangs, howler monkeys, tamarins, and more. Near the end, don’t miss the orangutans enjoying their play structure.
- Take an expedition from the coral reefs of the Pacific to the Amazon Basin and the Rift Valley lakes of Africa with a visit to the Kipp Aquarium, home to over 2000 marine creatures.
- See some of the world’s most venomous snakes and exotic amphibians in the Reptile & Amphibian House, including one of only 14 white alligators in existence.
6200 Hermann Park Drive
Houston, TX 77030
Open daily, 9am-6pm
Extended seasonal hours; check website for details.
Last entry one hour prior to close.
Closed Christmas Day.
Wildlife Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $2.50/ride. Tickets available at front gate or carousel entrance.
Rides and Games: Rides and games require a separate fee.
Advice for Visitors
- Check the Meet the Keeper Talks schedule on the morning of your visit to find out what animals have special feedings, showings, or enrichment activities that day.
- The GPS-enabled free iPhone or Android App is a great way to enhance your Zoo experience; details and download.
- There is plenty to see and do at the Houston Zoo even in unfavorable weather – many indoor exhibits and ways to cool off.
- Dining: Twiga Terrace, Macaw Café, Cypress Circle, Herzstein Trading Post, and carts and kiosks throughout the zoo for drinks and snacks
- Gift Shops: Located near the main exit gate and in the African Forest.
- Strollers: Available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions. Parking/Transportation