Houston CityPASS » Houston Zoo
It’s a New Zoo Every Day! Now you can travel to Africa... No Passport Required. The African Forest is more than an exhibit – it’s an immersive experience that will entertain young and old alike. Come for an adventure through The African Forest, and also visit the 6,000 other animals from around the globe that call the Houston Zoo home.
6200 Hermann Park Drive
Mar 10-Nov 2, 2013: Open daily, 9am-7pm
Nov 3, 2013-Mar 8, 2014: Open daily, 9am-6pm
Last entry one hour prior to close.
Closed Christmas Day.
General admission to all exhibits including the African Forest, a 6-acre exhibit featuring chimps, rhinos, giraffes, and more.
- Houston Zoo is home to over 6,000 animals including elephants, red pandas, chimpanzees and rhinos.
- Meet the Keeper Talks are an opportunity to learn about the zoo animals and see them in action with their keepers and include things like elephant bath time, bat feedings and red panda trainings.
- See an array of beautiful and diverse aquatic animals, such as jellyfish, sea turtles, seahorses, stingrays and more.
- Over 140 species of reptiles and 40 species of amphibians live inside the Reptile and Amphibian building.
Present CityPASS voucher at main ticket window. Please note Houston Zoo requires a valid, unexpired ID to redeem voucher. If you already have a CityPASS booklet, go straight to the greeters for entry.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Wildlife Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $2.50/ride. Tickets available at front gate or carousel entrance.
4D Experience: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (adults and children). Tickets available at front gate or theater entrance.
Advice for Visitors
- Check the Meet the Keeper Talks schedule on the morning of your visit to find out what animals have special feedings, showings, or enrichment activities that day.
- There is plenty to see and do at the Houston Zoo even in unfavorable weather – many indoor exhibits and ways to cool off.
- 4D Experience capacity is limited. Check show times and purchase upgrade tickets when you arrive to secure a seat.
- The GPS-enabled free iPhone or Android App is a great way to enhance your Zoo experience; details and download.
Parking: Free parking available.
Dining: Twiga Terrace, Macaw Café, Cypress Circle, Herzstein Trading Post, and carts and kiosks throughout the zoo for drinks and snacks. (You are allowed to bring food in; no glass bottles, plastic straws or alcoholic beverages.)
Self-Guide: iPhone or Android App
Gift Shops: Located near the main exit gate and in the African Forest.
Strollers: Available on first-come, first-served basis: single, $8; double, $11. Also available: wagons, $11; manual/push wheelchairs, $6; and motorized scooters, $21.
Driving Directions: The zoo offers free parking at the main entrance and a drop-off lane at the Medical Center entrance. During busy times the parking lot can be full. See the Zoo's website for advice on arrival, parking, and public transportation options.
METRORail train: Two MetroRail stations serve Houston Zoo and Hermann Park: Herman Park/Rice U Station at Fannin and Sunset or the Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo Station on Fannin between Cambridge Street and Ross Sterling. Exit train and follow Hermann Park Trail around the lake to the front entry plaza of the Houston Zoo.
METROBus: Take #1 Hospital bus to Fannin/Main Street stop. Walk one block east to zoo’s medical center gate.
Plan Your Visit to Houston - Use our collection of Houston attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Houston attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 12+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 3–11||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 50%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997