Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Discover curious monkeys and majestic giraffes, adventure through the African Forest, and get eye-to-eye with a Komodo dragon! Find your new favorite animal among the more than 6,000 animals that call the Houston Zoo home.
General admission to all exhibits including the African Forest, a 6-acre exhibit featuring chimps, rhinos, giraffes, and more.
6200 Hermann Park Drive
Open daily, 9am-6pm
Extended seasonal hours; check website for details.
Last entry one hour prior to close.
Closed Christmas Day.
- Houston Zoo is home to over 6,000 animals including elephants, red pandas, chimpanzees and rhinos.
- Meet the Keeper Talks are an opportunity to learn about the zoo animals and see them in action with their keepers and include things like elephant bath time, bat feedings and red panda trainings.
- See an array of beautiful and diverse aquatic animals, such as jellyfish, sea turtles, seahorses, stingrays and more.
- Over 140 species of reptiles and 40 species of amphibians live inside the Reptile and Amphibian building.
- Children and adults alike will be fascinated by the colorful beetles, centipedes, millipedes, stick insects, giant katydids, tarantulas, domino roaches, grasshoppers, leaf cutter ants, and even scorpions in the Zoo's newest exhibit, the Bug House.
Present CityPASS voucher at main ticket window. Please note Houston Zoo requires a valid, unexpired ID to redeem voucher. If you already have a CityPASS booklet, go straight to the greeters for entry.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Wildlife Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $2.50/ride. Tickets available at front gate or carousel entrance.
4D Experience: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (adults and children). Tickets available at front gate or theater entrance.
Extreme Bugs: Giant bugs are taking over the Houston Zoo! For this special exhibit, you’ll walk into a backyard unlike any you’ve seen before – this backyard is filled with giant, animatronic bugs that move, spread their wings, and even spray you with water! These bugs are up to 200 times larger than the normal size, and are made to look exactly like their smaller counterparts. Open through September 1. Cost for CityPASS holders: adults, $3.95; children under 2, free.
Advice for Visitors
- Check the Meet the Keeper Talks schedule on the morning of your visit to find out what animals have special feedings, showings, or enrichment activities that day.
- There is plenty to see and do at the Houston Zoo even in unfavorable weather – many indoor exhibits and ways to cool off.
- 4D Experience capacity is limited. Check show times and purchase upgrade tickets when you arrive to secure a seat.
- The GPS-enabled free iPhone or Android App is a great way to enhance your Zoo experience; details and download.
Parking: Free parking available.
Dining: Twiga Terrace, Macaw Café, Cypress Circle, Herzstein Trading Post, and carts and kiosks throughout the zoo for drinks and snacks. (You are allowed to bring food in; no glass bottles, plastic straws or alcoholic beverages.)
Self-Guide: iPhone or Android App
Gift Shops: Located near the main exit gate and in the African Forest.
Strollers: Available on first-come, first-served basis: single, $8; double, $11. Also available: wagons, $11; manual/push wheelchairs, $6; and motorized scooters, $21.
Driving Directions: The zoo offers free parking at the main entrance and a drop-off lane at the Medical Center entrance. During busy times the parking lot can be full. See the Zoo's website for advice on arrival, parking, and public transportation options.
METRORail train: Two MetroRail stations serve Houston Zoo and Hermann Park: Herman Park/Rice U Station at Fannin and Sunset or the Memorial Hermann Hospital/Houston Zoo Station on Fannin between Cambridge Street and Ross Sterling. Exit train and follow Hermann Park Trail around the lake to the front entry plaza of the Houston Zoo.
METROBus: Take #1 Hospital bus to Fannin/Main Street stop. Walk one block east to zoo’s medical center gate.
Plan Your Visit to Houston - Use our collection of Houston tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Houston attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 48%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997