Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
The Children's Museum of Houston
A Playground for your Mind™! CMH is packed with 14 hands-on exhibits, including the chance for kids to program robots and invent things; anchor the news; run a business; get elected as mayor; explore nanotechnology and climb a three-story tower.
General admission to all 14 hands-on exhibits designed especially for kids.
1500 Binz Street, Museum District
Summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day): Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm; Sun, noon-6pm; Thu, 10am-8pm
Non-Summer: Tue-Sat, 10am-6pm; Sun, noon-6pm
Non-Summer: Open select Mondays (check website).
Closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Kids will enjoy 14 hands-on exhibits designed especially for them.
- Named "America’s No. 1 Children’s Museum" by Parents magazine!
- Exciting exhibits that burst with action-packed fun will engage kids in the ultimate learning experience.
- Kids become inventors in a workshop of gadgets and gizmos.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the Museum Members and CityPASS Guests check-in desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Open through May 14, 2014
Whether a rocket scientist or a dancer, we are all governed by the laws of motion. But, how well do you really understand these laws that cannot be broken? You can now engage in fun, educational activities that will help you understand the physics associated with the laws of motion at the Museum! So come step into a world alive with action as you delve into force, friction, momentum, gravity and speed in our all-new Newton Know-How exhibit. All components in Newton Know-How are hands-on and built for open-ended explorations of physics.
Advice for Visitors
- Visit weekdays after 1pm when it's less crowded.
- Thursdays 5pm-8pm are Free Family Nights and may be more crowded.
- The Children’s Museum is for the young and young-at-heart; however, exhibits are specifically designed for children from birth to age 12.
- Check the calendar to see what’s going on during the day of your visit; see details.
- All exhibits are in Spanish/English.
- Get 10% off your purchase of $25 or more at Fiddle Sticks Toys. See booklet for details.
Parking: Parking available across the street in museum parking lot; see details. Metered parking also available on neighboring streets.
Dining: Kid’s Café
Accessibility: All hallways, exhibits and restrooms are handicap accessible.
Gift Shop: Fiddlesticks Gift Shop
Coat Check: Visitors may store items in the locker room located beside the admissions booth.
Strollers: Strollers permitted.
METRORail train: Traveling southbound (Fannin South), exit train at Museum District Station. Walk northbound to Bissonnet/Binz St., turn right and walk 5 blocks to museum.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (713) 535-7238.
Plan Your Visit to Houston - Use our collection of Houston tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Houston attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997