Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
The Children's Museum of Houston
A Playground for your Mind™! CMH is packed with 14 hands-on exhibits, including the chance for kids to program robots and invent things; anchor the news; run a business; get elected as mayor; explore nanotechnology and climb a three-story tower.
General admission to all 14 hands-on exhibits designed especially for kids.
1500 Binz Street, Museum District
Summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day): Mon-Sat, 10am-6pm; Sun, noon-6pm; Thu, 10am-8pm
Non-Summer: Tue-Sat, 10am-6pm; Sun, noon-6pm
Non-Summer: Open select Mondays (check website).
Closed New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- Kids will enjoy 14 hands-on exhibits designed especially for them.
- Named "America’s No. 1 Children’s Museum" by Parents magazine!
- Exciting exhibits that burst with action-packed fun will engage kids in the ultimate learning experience.
- Kids become inventors in a workshop of gadgets and gizmos.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the Museum Members and CityPASS Guests check-in desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
The Grinch’s Holiday Workshop
Open through January 5, 2015
To step into The Grinch’s Holiday Workshop is to walk into the pages of Dr. Seuss’ classic holiday tale. Gallery walls wrapped in scenes from Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas! pop with Who-holiday spirit. See Cindy-Lou Who at the Who-ville holiday feast, where the transformed Grinch carves the "roast beast." At the center of it all is old "Grinch Claus" and his oversized, interactive sleigh tethered to his unwitting "Rein-Dog," Max. Hop in and steer Max all the way to Who-ville! Activity areas buzz with laughter and creative energy as you take part in Grinch-related holiday programming.
Open through January 20, 2015
Delve into the expansive realm of gases and get a glimpse of the invisible at the Children’s Museum of Houston’s newest exhibit, Got Gas?. With hands-on, minds-on activities, Got Gas? will allow you to examine gases in action and understand the role they play in our everyday lives.
Advice for Visitors
- Visit weekdays after 1pm when it's less crowded.
- Thursdays 5pm-8pm are Free Family Nights and may be more crowded.
- The Children’s Museum is for the young and young-at-heart; however, exhibits are specifically designed for children from birth to age 12.
- Check the calendar to see what’s going on during the day of your visit; see details.
- All exhibits are in Spanish/English.
- Get 10% off your purchase of $25 or more at Fiddle Sticks Toys. See booklet for details.
Parking: Parking available across the street in museum parking lot; see details. Metered parking also available on neighboring streets.
Dining: Kid’s Café
Accessibility: All hallways, exhibits and restrooms are handicap accessible.
Gift Shop: Fiddlesticks Gift Shop
Coat Check: Visitors may store items in the locker room located beside the admissions booth.
Strollers: Strollers permitted.
METRORail train: Traveling southbound (Fannin South), exit train at Museum District Station. Walk northbound to Bissonnet/Binz St., turn right and walk 5 blocks to museum.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (713) 535-7238.
Plan Your Visit to Houston - Use our collection of Houston tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Houston attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 48%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997