Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
From whales to snails, tarantulas to turtles, angelfish to zebra sharks, meet 32,000 animals from aquatic habitats around the world. Sharks cruise overhead, stingrays swim below your feet, and belugas smile at eye level. Penguins fly through chilly waters, dolphins leap into the air, and sea jellies pulse to the ocean’s rhythm. Shedd Aquarium is the "must-sea" destination in Chicago!
VIP entry to Waters of the World galleries, Amazon Rising, Wild Reef, Abbott Oceanarium, Polar Play Zone, Special Exhibit and Stingray Touch (May to October), plus your choice of a 4-D Experience.
Aquatic Show not included. Special exhibit subject to change. 4-D experience subject to availability.
Museum Campus Chicago
Winter: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun & holidays, 9am-6pm
Summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day): Open daily, 9am-6pm
Closed Christmas Day
Please call ahead to verify hours.
- Travel the world in 80 habitats in Waters of the World galleries.
- See Anacondas, piranhas and crocodiles in Amazon Rising, award-winning Wild Reef and 3-million-gallon saltwater Abbott Oceanarium.
- 4D Experience thrills you with high-definition digital 3-D projection, high-tech audio and "special FX" seats.
- Polar Play Zone — just for kids!
Present CityPASS booklet or printed/mobile voucher at the Will Call desk to avoid a long wait. Your VIP ticket gives you priority entry privileges during busy times.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Aquatic Show: Add the Aquatic Show for $2.
Penguin Encounter: The Shedd's most popular Extraordinary Experience, the Penguin Encounter is offered Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Children must be at least 4 years old, and children 4 to 11 must be accompanied by a paying guardian. One chaperone is required for each 4- to 6-year-old. Reservations are strongly required as Penguin Encounters sell out months in advance. Cost for CityPASS holders: $40. Call (312) 692-3355 to check availability and make reservations.
Advice for Visitors
- Arrive before 10am for the quickest start to your experience and for the best selection of show times for the Aquatic Show, which often sells out on busy days.
- Check out daily dives, feedings, animal chats, and presentations schedules; see details.
- CityPASS tickets include your choice of 4D Experience; see details.
- Get 10% off in the Bubble Net food court and in the Shedd Aquarium gift stores and 15% off photos with SharpShooter. See booklet for details.
- Admission to shows is subject to ticket availability.
Parking: Parking is available at the East Museum Lot and the North Garage; see details.
Please Note: During Soldier Field events, including Chicago Bears' home game days, Museum Campus parking (owned by the Chicago Park District and managed by Standard Parking), is available to museum visitors at a substantially increased rate. Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation.
Dining: Soundings Café, Bubble Net, Deep Ocean Café
Accessibility: Accessible entrance is on the ground level, SW side of the Aquarium. Wheelchairs available for checkout.
Self-Guide: Self-guided tours available.
Gift Shop: Shedd Aquarium stores offer something for everyone interested in aquatic life and conservation.
Lockers: Paid lockers available on site.
CTA trains: Take the Red, Green or Orange Line to Roosevelt Road, transfer to an eastbound #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express.
CTA buses: The #146 Inner Dr./Michigan Express provides regular daily service directly to the aquarium.
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Chicago attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 50%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997