Save 53% on VIP admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
The Shedd Aquarium will close early at 4pm on Saturday, August 6, for a special event.
- Travel the world in 80 habitats and see some of the world’s most fascinating animals in Waters of the World.
- Learn about the yearly flood cycle of the mighty Amazon and see piranhas, tarantulas, stingrays, monkeys and an anaconda in Amazon Rising.
- Splash into a coral reef in the Philippines and get a diver’s-eye view of a diverse marine metropolis in the award-winning Wild Reef, home to more sharks, stingrays and live coral than any other exhibit at Shedd.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest and encounter beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions and sea otters in the Abbot Oceanarium.
- Watch your kids as they try out life as a sleek sliding penguin or a deep-sea submarine explorer in Polar Play Zone.
Museum Campus Chicago
1200 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Winter: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun & Holidays, 9am-6pm
Summer (Jun 12, 2016-Labor Day): Open daily, 9am-6pm
Closed Christmas Day
Please call ahead to verify hours.
4D Experience: CityPASS includes your choice of a 4D Experience, subject to availability; see details.
Aquatic Show: Add the Aquatic Show for $3.
Penguin Encounter: The Shedd's most popular Extraordinary Experience, the Penguin Encounter is offered Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Children must be at least 6 years old, and children 6 to 11 must be accompanied by a paying guardian. One chaperone is required for each 6-year-old. Reservations are strongly required as Penguin Encounters sell out months in advance. Cost for CityPASS holders: $40. Call (312) 692-3355 to check availability and make reservations.
Behind-the-Scenes-Tour: See Shedd from the perspective of our animal care staff during a 50-minute guided behind-the-scenes tour. Available Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Children must be age 10 or older. Guests ages 10-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 or older). Reservations are recommended. Cost for CityPASS holders: $20. Call (312) 692-2723 to check availability and make reservations.
Discount: 10% off a purchase of $25 or more in the Shedd Aquarium Gift Stores; see booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Check out daily dives, feedings, animal chats, and presentations schedules; see details.
- Dining: Soundings Café, Bubble Net, Deep Ocean Café
- Gift Shops: Shedd Aquarium Gift Shops
Best time to visit: Arrive before 10am for the quickest start to your experience and for the best selection of show times for the Aquatic Show, which often sells out on busy days.
Accessibility: Accessible entrance is on the ground level, SW side of the Aquarium. Wheelchairs available for checkout.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.