Save 53% on VIP admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Travel the world in 80 habitats and see some of the world’s most fascinating animals in Waters of the World.
- Learn about the yearly flood cycle of the mighty Amazon and see piranhas, tarantulas, stingrays, monkeys and an anaconda in Amazon Rising.
- Splash into a coral reef in the Philippines and get a diver’s-eye view of a diverse marine metropolis in the award-winning Wild Reef, home to more sharks, stingrays and live coral than any other exhibit at Shedd.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest and encounter beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions and sea otters in the Abbot Oceanarium.
- Watch your kids as they try out life as a sleek sliding penguin or a deep-sea submarine explorer in Polar Play Zone.
Museum Campus Chicago
1200 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Winter: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun & Holidays, 9am-6pm
Summer (Jun 12, 2016-Labor Day): Open daily, 9am-6pm
Closed Christmas Day
Please call ahead to verify hours.
4D Experience: CityPASS includes your choice of a 4D Experience, subject to availability; see details.
Aquatic Presentation: Add the Aquatic Presentation for $3.
Penguin Encounter: The Shedd's most popular Extraordinary Experience, the Penguin Encounter is offered Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Children must be at least 6 years old, and children 6 to 11 must be accompanied by a paying guardian. One chaperone is required for each 6-year-old. Reservations are strongly required as Penguin Encounters sell out months in advance. Cost for CityPASS holders: $40. Call (312) 692-3355 to check availability and make reservations.
Behind-the-Scenes-Tour: See Shedd from the perspective of our animal care staff during a 50-minute guided behind-the-scenes tour. Available Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Children must be age 10 or older. Guests ages 10-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult (18 or older). Reservations are recommended. Cost for CityPASS holders: $20. Call (312) 692-2723 to check availability and make reservations.
Discount: 10% off a purchase of $25 or more in the Shedd Aquarium Gift Stores and 10% off any entry photo package purchase; see booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Check out daily dives, feedings, animal chats, and presentations schedules; see details.
- Dining: Soundings Café, Bubble Net, Deep Ocean Café
- Gift Shops: Shedd Aquarium Gift Shops
Best time to visit: Wednesday through Friday and mornings before 11am are least crowded. Arrive earlyfor the best selection of show times for the Aquatic Presentation, which often sells out on busy days (available for $3 to CityPASS holders).
Accessibility: Accessible entrance is on the ground level, SW side of the Aquarium. Wheelchairs available for checkout.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.