Chicago CityPASS » Shedd Aquarium
From whales to snails, tarantulas to turtles, angelfish to zebra sharks, meet 32,500 animals from aquatic habitats around the world. Sharks cruise overhead, stingrays swim below your feet, and belugas smile at eye level. Penguins fly through chilly waters, dolphins leap into the air, and sea jellies pulse to the ocean’s rhythm. Shedd Aquarium is the "must-sea" destination in Chicago!
Museum Campus Chicago
Summer (Memorial Day-Labor Day): Open daily, 9am-6pm
Winter: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm;
Closed Christmas Day
VIP entry to Waters of the World galleries, Amazon Rising, Wild Reef, Abbott Oceanarium, Polar Play Zone, an aquatic show and Jellies special exhibit, plus your choice of a 4-D Experience
- Dolphins soar and belugas dance in Shedd's new aquatic show — included with CityPASS.
- Travel the world in 80 habitats in Waters of the World galleries.
- See Anacondas, piranhas and crocodiles in Amazon Rising, award-winning Wild Reef and 3-million-gallon saltwater Abbott Oceanarium.
- 4D Experience thrills you with high-definition digital 3-D projection, high-tech audio and "special FX" seats.
- Polar Play Zone — just for kids!
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the Will Call desk to skip main ticket line. Your VIP ticket gives you priority entry privileges during busy times, and access to the next available Abbott Oceanarium show time slot (entry on a space-available basis only).
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Prepare to be mesmerized by pulsing, translucent sea jellies and their mystifying natural history. Jellies depicts an underwater world of rarely seen animals that survive—and thrive—without bones, blood, or brains.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Stingray Touch: Feel the wonder as these graceful fish glide effortlessly through the water and under your fingertips. Stroll the outdoor experience and learn about these gentle, graceful animals, and how your everyday actions can protect them in the wild. Through Fall 2013. Cost for CityPASS holders: $3 (normally $5).
Advice for Visitors
- Best time to visit is Wednesday through Friday and mornings before 11am
- Buy CityPASS online to avoid line waits.
- Check out daily dives, feedings, animal chats, presentations and the new aquatic show schedules; see details.
- CityPASS tickets include your choice of 4D Experience; see details.
- Get 10% off in the Bubble Net food court and in the Shedd Aquarium gift stores and 15% off photos with SharpShooter. See booklet for details.
Parking: Parking is available at the East Museum Lot and the North Garage; see details.
Please Note: During Soldier Field events, including Chicago Bears' home game days, Museum Campus parking (owned by the Chicago Park District and managed by Standard Parking), is unavailable to museum visitors. Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation.
Dining: Soundings Café, Bubble Net, Deep Ocean Café
Accessibility: Accessible entrance is on the ground level, SW side of the Aquarium. Wheelchairs available for checkout.
Self-Guide: Self-guided tours available; see details.
Gift Shop: Shedd Aquarium stores offer something for everyone interested in aquatic life and conservation.
Coat Check: On site, along with paid lockers.
CTA trains: Take the Red, Green or Orange Line to Roosevelt Road, transfer to an eastbound #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express.
CTA buses: The #146 Inner Dr./Michigan Express provides regular daily service directly to the aquarium.
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Five attraction tickets
in one easy purchase