Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Join us in exploring space! Experience sky shows with breathtaking visuals of far-away galaxies in one of the world’s most technologically advanced dome theaters. Discover the mysteries of the Universe through interactive and engaging exhibition galleries and sky shows in multiple theaters.
Unlimited VIP access to your choice of all available shows, all exhibitions and the Atwood Sphere Experience
Museum Campus Chicago
(312) 922-STAR (7827)adlerplanetarium.org
Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Hours change frequently. Check website for details.
- Experience the night sky over Chicago as it appeared in 1913 in the historic Atwood Sphere.
- Enjoy unlimited access to all shows, including the Adler’s premier show, Destination Solar System.
- Nine exhibitions and multiple theaters bring space to you.
- Get up close to the Gemini 12 spacecraft.
- Planet Explorers — hands on fun for young children.
Present CityPASS booklet or printed voucher at the VIP Entry door at the South entrance (Street level) to avoid main ticket lines. Schedule first two shows upon entry; return to box office to schedule additional shows. Mobile voucher may not be redeemed at Adler Planetarium at this time. If you do not have a booklet and you plan to visit this attraction first, please use the printed voucher option.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Adler After Dark: Adult CityPASS holders can get $5 off on tickets (based on availability) to the Adler Planetarium's ages 21+ event, from 6pm-10pm, most 3rd Thursdays of every month. Show your CityPASS at the box office on the night of the event; see details.
Advice for Visitors
- Give yourself time to see multiple shows; see details. Book your first two shows upon entry, and return to the box office to book additional shows.
- Stop by the Space Visualization Laboratory to speak directly with an expert and get answers to all your questions about space; daily 12-1pm and 2-3pm.
- Save 10% at the Adler Store and save 10% at Cafe Galileo's. See booklet for details.
- Please note that Shoot for the Moon will be closed for renovations from January 5 – April 10, 2015. During this time there will be no access to the exhibition including the Gemini 12 capsule; Lunar Leap; Moon Wall and Lunar Dangers. An updated exhibition will be unveiled in April!
Parking: Parking is available at the Planetarium Lot, the North Garage, and the East Museum Lot; see details.
Please Note: During Soldier Field events, including Chicago Bears' home game days, Museum Campus parking (owned by the Chicago Park District and managed by Standard Parking), is available to museum visitors at a substantially increased rate. Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation.
Dining: Café Galileo's
Accessibility: Museum and theaters fully accessible. Wheelchairs available upon request. Family restroom located near the South Entrance (street level).
Self-Guide: Free down-loadable gallery exploration cards and themed museum guides will take you and your family on a journey through the galleries while calling special attention to science themes; see details.
Gift Shop: Adler Store
Lockers: Near South Box Office ($1, $2)
CTA trains: Take the Red, Green or Orange Line to Roosevelt Road, transfer to an eastbound #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express.
CTA buses: The #146 Inner Dr./Michigan Express provides regular daily service directly to the planetarium.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (312) 294-0360.
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Chicago attractions.
Top reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 52%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997