Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Explore the Universe at America’s first planetarium. See NASA’s Gemini 12 space capsule in Shoot for the Moon. Take a space adventure with young visitors in Planet Explorers. Experience the mysteries of our solar system in exhibition galleries and theaters. Add a planetarium show to your visit for a special discounted rate!
VIP entry and general admission to all exhibitions, the historic Atwood Sphere and your choice of any two shows
Museum Campus Chicago
(312) 922-STAR (7827)adlerplanetarium.org
Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Early June-Labor Day, 9:30am-6pm.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Hours change frequently. Check website for details.
- Tour inside the historic Atwood sphere, Chicago’s oldest planetarium.
- Take your choice of any two shows, included with CityPASS admission.
- Nine exhibitions and multiple theaters bring space to you.
- Get up close to the Gemini 12 spacecraft.
- Planet Explorers — hands on fun for young children.
Present CityPASS booklet or printed voucher at the VIP Entry door at the South entrance (Street level) to avoid main ticket lines. Mobile voucher may not be redeemed at Adler Planetarium at this time. If you do not have a booklet and you plan to visit this attraction first, please use the printed voucher option.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Planetarium Shows: CityPASS holders can add additional planetarium shows in one of the Adler's two planetarium domes, the Grainger Sky Theater and the Definiti Space Theater, for $5 (that's half off); see details.
Adler After Dark: Adult Citypass holders can get $5 off on tickets to the Adler Planetarium's ages 21+ event, from 6pm-10pm, most 3rd Thursdays of every month. Show your CityPASS at the box office on the night of the event; see details.
Advice for Visitors
- Give yourself time to see multiple shows; see details.
- Stop by the Space Visualization Laboratory to speak directly with an expert and get answers to all your questions about space; daily 12-1pm and 2-3pm.
- CityPASS groups enter planetarium shows on a first-come, first-served basis. To reserve show times, groups can purchase Chicago CityPASS from the Adler group sales department, (312) 294-0360.
- Save 10% at the Adler Store and save 10% at Cafe Galileo's. See booklet for details.
Parking: Parking is available at the Planetarium Lot, the North Garage, and the East Museum Lot; see details.
Please Note: During Soldier Field events, including Chicago Bears' home game days, Museum Campus parking (owned by the Chicago Park District and managed by Standard Parking), is unavailable to museum visitors. Visitors are encouraged to use public transportation.
Dining: Café Galileo's
Accessibility: Museum and theaters fully accessible. Wheelchairs available upon request. Family restroom located near the South Entrance (street level).
Self-Guide: Free down-loadable gallery exploration cards and themed museum guides will take you and your family on a journey through the galleries while calling special attention to science themes; see details.
Gift Shop: Adler Store
Lockers: Near South Box Office ($1, $2)
CTA trains: Take the Red, Green or Orange Line to Roosevelt Road, transfer to an eastbound #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express.
CTA buses: The #146 Inner Dr./Michigan Express provides regular daily service directly to the planetarium.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (312) 294-0360.
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Chicago attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 50%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997