Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
(Formerly John Hancock Observatory)
VIP Express entry and exit to Chicago’s best views of the skyline, beaches and lakefront. The fastest elevators in North America will speed you 94 floors straight up. While there, explore sweeping views of four states and learn more about the history and character of Chicago using interactive technologies, translated into 7 languages.
Fast Pass admission to Chicago’s best views
John Hancock Center
Open daily, 9am-11pm
Last admission 10:30pm
- 360-degree views of Lake Michigan, the North Shore, downtown Chicago, and south to Indiana
- Interactive technology in 7 different languages
- 1,000 feet above The Magnificent Mile®
- Audio Tour $2.50 with CityPASS
- TILT* – The new thrilling attraction that shows you Chicago from a whole new angle (*coming in Spring 2014 – available as an upgrade for CityPASS holders)
Present CityPASS booklet at observatory lobby on the ground level. Exchange printed/mobile voucher for CityPASS booklet at the Lower Level Ticketing Desk, then proceed to Fast Pass Lane.
Advice for Visitors
- Arrive first thing in the morning for the quickest trip to the top.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the least-crowded.
- Go to sunrisesunset.com for the Chicago daily sunset times.
- Show your CityPASS at Lavazza Espression café for $1 off a purchase of $5 or more.
- Get 10% off any one item greater than $25 (before tax) in our retail store on concourse level.
Parking: Garage entrances off Chestnut (westbound) and Delaware (eastbound), $25-$27. Validate your parking ticket at the observatory for a $5 discount.
Dining: Light fare in Lavazza Espression café. CityPASS holders enjoy $1 off a purchase of $5 or more.
Accessibility: All entrances accessible; Delaware Street entrance has direct elevator access. Disabled and parent-friendly restrooms on concourse and observatory levels.
Self-Guide: Audio Tour $2.50 for CityPASS holders; adult and child versions available. Written transcript available.
Gift Shop: Two gift shops, one on the concourse level and one on the 94th floor.
CTA trains: Get off at the Chicago Red line stop. Head East to Michigan Avenue and then two blocks north. Enter at lower level concourse off of Michigan Avenue.
CTA buses: Take the 146, 147 and 151 to Michigan Avenue and Delaware place.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (312) 654-5019.
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Chicago attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 50%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997