Save 53% on VIP admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Go back in time as you explore over 550 works from 4,000 years of art in Of Gods and Glamour, located in the beautiful new Mary and Michael Jaharis Galleries of Greek, Roman, and Byzantine Art.
- Introduce your child to the museum’s encyclopedic collection with a variety of hands-on activities in the Family Room. Assemble puzzles based on masterpieces you’ll see in the galleries, build architectural wonders with colorful blocks, and learn about art through interactive stories and games at Curious Corner.
- Get a glimpse into elements of European interiors from the late 13th century to the 1930s and American furnishings from the 17th century to the 1930s in the fascinating Thorne Miniature Rooms.
- See first-hand the Art Institute’s extraordinary collection of modern art, considered one of the finest and most comprehensive in the world and boasting some of the greatest icons of the period.
ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Mon-Wed & Fri-Sun, 10:30am-5pm
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day
For up-to-date information about extended hours, please visit artic.edu.
Audio Tour: CityPASS admission includes an audio tour.
Advice for Visitors
- Free guided tours are available daily at noon.
- Stop in at the Family Room in the Ryan Education Center, open daily from 10:30am-5pm, and let your little masters explore our collection with hands-on activities. Free art-making activities are also available for children each weekend from 11am to 2pm.
- Families should ask for the Lions Trail Family Tour, designed for the youngsters (ages 5-10) in your group.
- Dining: Museum Café, Terzo Piano, Caffé Moderno
- Gift Shops: The Main Museum Shop and the Modern Wing Shop
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available at no charge. Elevators accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Additional resources available; see details.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.