Save 53% on VIP admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Spend time in Science Storms with a 40-foot tornado, 20-foot Tesla Coil, and 30-foot avalanche disc
- Walk through a real United 727, climb aboard the engine of the Empire State Express, the first machine to break the 100 mph, and gaze in awe at historic aircraft flying above you in the Transportation Gallery.
- Sea Earth’s atmosphere, the flow of ocean currents, changing cloud cover and the geophysical forces that shape our planet in near real-time in Earth Revealed.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a scientific adventure in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around Omnimax Theater.
- Experience the fast action of a Motion Simulator Ride, included with CityPASS.
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY
57th Street and Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60637
Just minutes from downtown Chicago.
GPS address: 5700 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60637
Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Extended hours during spring break, summer and holidays. Call or visit website to verify hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
(800) 468-6674 (GO-TO-MSI)
Motion Simulator Ride: CityPASS includes a fast action Motion Simulator Ride (reserve upon arrival).
Omnimax Show: CityPASS includes an Omnimax show in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater (reserve upon arrival).
U-505 Submarine Onboard Tour: While admission to the U-505 Submarine exhibit is free with CityPASS admission; optional onboard tour costs: adult $9, child (3-11) $7.
Discount: 10% off any photo purchase in the U-505 exhibit or Yesterday's Main Street; see booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Shows and special exhibits fill up early; reserve your space upon arrival.
- The best time to see baby chicks hatching is in the afternoon.
- Dining: The Brain Food Court, Museum Café, Finnigan's Ice Cream Parlor
- Gift Shops: Museum Store, Shop Earth, Museum Photo Studio.
Best time to visit: Mondays are the least-crowded.
Accessibility: Museum and Omnimax theater are fully accessible. Elevators available. Wheelchairs available in Entry Hall and at Space Center entrance.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.