Chicago CityPASS » Museum of Science and Industry
Museum of Science and Industry
Adventure awaits at the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere. It’s not a place where you walk around quietly and observe. No way! Explore a real World War II German submarine; manipulate a 40- foot tornado; run in a human- sized hamster wheel; send your pulse to a 13-foot, 3-D beating heart; and much more!
57th Street and Lake Shore Drive
Just minutes from downtown Chicago
Summer (Jun-Aug): Open daily, 9:30am-5:30pm
Winter: Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Open until 5:30pm on select dates throughout the year, see details.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
VIP entry into the museum, including Science Storms, U-505 (exhibit only), YOU! The Experience, an Omnimax show and Motion Simulator Ride
- MSI is the largest science center in the Western Hemisphere.
- Experience the fast action of a Motion Simulator Ride, included with CityPASS.
- See an Omnimax show in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater, included with CityPASS.
- Life magazine voted MSI one of the top 15 museums in the world.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher in the entry hall CityPASS line to skip the main ticket line. Then, go directly to the Motion Simulator Ride and Omnimax Theater to secure ride/show times.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
The Art of the Bicycle
See some of the Museum’s most fascinating–and rarely-exhibited–historic bicycles, juxtaposed with the coolest, fastest and most high-tech bikes currently on the market, in The Art of the Bicycle. Invented 200 years ago, the bicycle has been continuously reshaped and re-engineered to make riding safer, more reliable, and more fun. The Art of the Bicycle traces this amazing evolution and shows how the bicycle continues to evolve driven by the inventiveness of its riders.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
U-505 Submarine Onboard Tour: While admission to the U-505 Submarine exhibit is free with CityPASS admission; optional onboard tour costs: adult $8, child (3-11) $6.
Animal Inside Out: A stunning look inside the animal kingdom from the creators of BODY WORLDS. Through September 2, 2013. Cost for CityPASS holders: adult $12, child (3-11) $8.
Advice for Visitors
- Upon arrival, go directly to the Motion Simulator Ride and Omnimax Theater to secure ride & show times, as both are subject to availability.
- Mondays are the least crowded. Buy your CityPASS online and avoid long lines.
- Special exhibit tours sell out early. Reserve before 11am.
- Check out the Live Science Demonstrations held daily; see details.
- Take the CTA from downtown. It's easy and stops at the museum.
- The best time to see baby chicks hatching is in the afternoon.
- Get 10% off any photo purchase in the U-505 exhibit or Yesterday's Main Street; see booklet for details.
Parking: Underground parking garage entrance at NW corner of building; $20 per vehicle.
Dining: The Brain Food Court, Jazzman's Café, Finnigan's Ice Cream Parlor
Accessibility: Museum and Omnimax theater fully accessible. Elevators available. Wheelchairs available in Entry Hall and at Space Center entrance.
Gift Shop: Museum Store, Shop Earth, The Kids Stop Shop, Museum Photo Studio
Coat Check: Entry Hall, $1 per item
Strollers: Available in Entry Hall, $2
ATM: Lower Level and Entry Hall
CTA trains: Take Metra Electric Line from downtown Chicago to 55th/56th/57th Street station, just 2 blocks from the museum
CTA buses: #2, #6, #10, #X28 (drop off just steps from museum)
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Five attraction tickets
in one easy purchase
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 12+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 3–11||Enter Qty||
Strongly recommend! Main reason you would save a lot of money and the rest you will see for yourself, you'll have something to do everyday and experience the beautiful City of Chicago at a lower cost. Take my word for it! Totally worth it...