Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Museum of Science and Industry
Visit 14 acres of awesome! The largest science museum in the country is unlike any museum you have ever seen, filled with interactive, mind-blowing exhibits. Manipulate a 40-foot indoor tornado; take a run in a human-sized hamster wheel; send your pulse to a 13-foot, 3-D giant heart; explore a real World War II German Submarine; and much more!
VIP entry into the museum, including Science Storms, U-505 (exhibit only), YOU! The Experience, a choice of one special experience* (Omnimax, U-505 on-board tour, Wow tour, Coal Mine, Robots,) included in Explorer 1 pass and Motion Simulator Ride.
*Subject to availability.
57th Street and Lake Shore Drive
Just minutes from downtown Chicago.
Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Extended hours during spring break, summer and holidays. Call or visit website to verify hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- MSI is the largest science center in the Western Hemisphere.
- Spend time in Science Storms with the 40-foot tornado, 20-foot Tesla Coil, and 30-foot avalanche disc.
- Experience the fast action of a Motion Simulator Ride, included with CityPASS.
- See an Omnimax show in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater, included with CityPASS.
- Life magazine voted MSI one of the top 15 museums in the world.
Present CityPASS booklet or printed voucher in the entry hall CityPASS line to skip the main ticket line. Then, go directly to the Motion Simulator Ride and Omnimax Theater to secure ride/show times. Mobile voucher may not be redeemed at MSI at this time. If you do not have a booklet and you plan to visit this attraction first, please use the printed voucher option.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
The Art of the Bicycle
Open through 2018
See some of the Museum’s most fascinating–and rarely-exhibited–historic bicycles, juxtaposed with the coolest, fastest and most high-tech bikes currently on the market, in The Art of the Bicycle. Invented 200 years ago, the bicycle has been continuously reshaped and re-engineered to make riding safer, more reliable, and more fun. The Art of the Bicycle traces this amazing evolution and shows how the bicycle continues to evolve driven by the inventiveness of its riders.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
U-505 Submarine Onboard Tour: While admission to the U-505 Submarine exhibit is free with CityPASS admission; optional onboard tour costs: adult $9, child (3-11) $7.
Advice for Visitors
- Upon arrival, go directly to the Motion Simulator Ride and other special experiences to secure ride/show/entry times, as all are subject to availability.
- Mondays are the least-crowded. Buy your CityPASS online and avoid long lines.
- Special exhibit tours sell out early. Reserve before 11am.
- Check out the Live Science Demonstrations held daily; see details.
- Take the Metra train from downtown and be dropped off steps from the museum.
- The best time to see baby chicks hatching is in the afternoon.
- Get 10% off any photo purchase in the U-505 exhibit or Yesterday's Main Street; see booklet for details.
Parking: Underground parking garage entrance at NW corner of building; $20 per vehicle.
Dining: The Brain Food Court, Museum Café, Finnigan's Ice Cream Parlor
Accessibility: Museum and Omnimax theater are fully accessible. Elevators available. Wheelchairs available in Entry Hall and at Space Center entrance.
Gift Shop: Museum Store, Shop Earth, Museum Photo Studio
Coat Check: Entry Hall, $1 per item
Strollers: Available in Entry Hall, $2
ATM: Lower Level and Entry Hall
Metra trains: Take Metra Electric Line from downtown Chicago to 55th/56th/57th Street station, just 2 blocks from the museum
CTA buses: #2, #6, #10, #28 (drop off just steps from museum)
Plan Your Visit to Chicago - Use our collection of Chicago tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Chicago attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 51%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997