Save 37% on admission to the top 4 Dallas attractions with CityPASS.
- Walk into history when you visit the Sixth Floor Museum, located on the sixth floor of the former Texas School Book Depository, where significant evidence of a sniper was found.
- Relive the story of President Kennedy’s assassination through hundreds of historic television and radio broadcasts, films, photographs and artifacts.
- See in person the sniper’s perch and the area where a rifle was found, preserved as they appeared on November 22, 1963.
- Examine the FBI’s scale model of Dealey Plaza and the interactive touchscreens showing the motorcade route through the plaza.
- Visit the seventh floor to experience a variety of special programs and exhibits that complement the Museum’s permanent collection.
THE SIXTH FLOOR MUSEUM AT DEALEY PLAZA
411 Elm Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Last entry time is at 4:15pm.
Advice for Visitors
- Entry to the museum is ticketed in 30-minute intervals.
- CityPASS holders can visit the museum up to two days in advance of the day they plan on visiting to get a timed admission ticket ahead of time.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Be sure to download the Dealey Plaza National Historic Landmark District multimedia guide, featuring a narrated walking tour of the events in the Plaza on November 22, 1963, the day of the assassination of President Kennedy. The guide also includes an interactive map and visual stories that explore the memorialization of President Kennedy and the history of the Plaza. Available for free in English and Spanish here.
- Gift Shops: Museum Bookstore
Best time to visit: Weekday afternoons are less crowded; weekends often sell out.
Accessibility: Click here for accessibility information.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.