Save 40% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
- Get an overload of cuteness when you meet the Zoo’s 7 pandas, including twin sisters Mei Lun and Mei Huan, born in July, 2015, and learn about the work the Zoo does to protect the critically endangered bears.
- Learn why the Zoo is widely respected for the study and care of great apes, and see the 5 groups of gorillas – 19 gorillas in all – that live in the Ford African Rain Forest.
- Get a taste of the African savanna at African Plains and Mzima Springs, a five-acre landscape that’s home to elephants, lions, giraffe, black rhinos, zebras, lesser kudus, meerkats and warthogs.
- Explore one of the nation’s most renowned collections of reptiles and amphibians at World of Reptiles – including one of the world’s rarest lizard species, the Guatemalen beaded lizard.
- Meet a keeper or watch training in action at keeper talks and training demos.
800 Cherokee Ave., SE
Atlanta, GA 30315
Open daily, 9:30am-5:30pm
Ticket booths close at 4:30pm.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
(404) 624-WILD (9453)
All-Day Rides Wristband: Take a spin on the carousel, hop on the Zoo Train, and climb to new heights on the rock wall and Canopy Climber with an All-Day Rides Wristband. Regular price is $9, but use the coupon in your booklet to save $1. Wristbands can be purchased at the front gates or the rides ticket booth.
Advice for Visitors
- Check a zoo map for scheduled keeper talks, feedings, free-flight bird show, or training demonstrations. Some are weather dependent.
- Don’t hesitate to talk to Zoo volunteers, docents or staff. They’re happy to provide information and tips.
- Zoo Atlanta has partnered with the Atlanta Checker Cab Company to offer free cab rides from participating hotels to the Zoo (and from the Zoo back to the hotel); see details.
- Dining: Wild Planet Café, Nathan's Famous, Willie B's, Flamingo Joe's
- Gift Shops: Zoo Atlanta Tading Company, Pandamonium
Best time to visit: Many of the Zoo’s animals are more active – and visible – in the morning or during scheduled feedings.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available for rent. Service animals allowed.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.