Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
From the largest dinosaurs ever discovered, to the biggest screen in Atlanta, experience a world of adventure. Immersive, hands-on exhibitions make science, culture and natural history come alive in a big way.
General admission, all special exhibits and an IMAX film at this world-class natural history museum.
767 Clifton Road, NE
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- An Argentinosaurus, the largest classified dinosaur
- A million Native American artifacts from the Georgia barrier island, St. Catherines
- A Walk Through Time in Georgia educates you about Georgia's evolution in 18 entertaining galleries.
- Sensing Nature — Interactive exploration of light, sound and our senses
- CityPASS includes entry to all special exhibits.
- Experience an IMAX film — included with CityPASS.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the Will Call window.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Fernbank’s 5th annual Winter Wonderland features trees and other displays decorated by local cultural partners that recognize celebrations such as Christmas, Hanukkah and the Festival of Lights, as well as traditions and practices like origami, indigenous art and national symbols.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Martinis & IMAX: A classy, all-adult evening museum experience
6:30pm-11pm, Fridays (except in Dec)
Cost for CityPASS holders: $13; food and drink available for purchase.
Reservations: (404) 929-6400 or fernbankmuseum.org.
Advice for Visitors
- Fernbank Forest self-guided tours are temporarily unavailable while the preserve undergoes ecological restoration. Guided education team programs allow visitors to experience Fernbank Forest and the woodland areas directly behind the Museum during restoration. Also, free self-guided tours are available in Fernbank Museum’s nearby Deepdene and Dellwood Parks along Ponce de Leon Avenue.
- The museum is popular with school groups on weekday mornings. They generally depart by mid-afternoon.
- Preview the latest IMAX show selection and schedules; see details.
- Experience Fernbank Museum like never before with the Fernbank Meridian app. This free mobile application uses innovative directional technology to deliver custom content and unique experiences to visitors touring the Museum. Click here for details and download instructions.
Parking: Free on-site
Dining: The Fernbank Café
Accessibility: Fully accessible facility; elevators; wheelchair use, free.
Self-Guide: Visitor guides/map at greeter’s station and ticket sales counter.
Gift Shops: Museum Store, Special Exhibition Store
Strollers: Allowed inside exhibitions unless noted; not allowed in IMAX theater. As space permits, stroller parking available at main lobby entrance.
Lockers: Entry level (near restrooms).
MARTA: Take the East/West (blue-line) MARTA train to the Decatur Station; then board Bus #2 (Ponce de Leon). Exit at the intersection of Ponce De Leon/Clifton Road. Walk to the right on Clifton Road and Fernbank will be the first driveway on your right.
Driving: Go North on Peachtree Street to Ponce de Leon Avenue and turn right. Go 3 miles to Clifton Road and turn left. Go 1/10 mile to the museum entrance and turn right.
Plan Your Visit to Atlanta - Use our collection of Atlanta tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Atlanta attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997