Save 43% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
Fernbank Museum Change
Beginning March 1, CityPASS admission to Fernbank Museum of Natural History will not include an IMAX movie. If you wish to include the IMAX Movie in your Fernbank Museum admission, choose the Ship Ticket Booklets option at checkout or exchange your voucher for CityPASS booklets at an attraction on or before February 28, 2017.
- Step into prehistoric Patagonia and see Argentinosaurus, the largest known dinosaur to ever walk the Earth. Close behind it, the 47-foot long, 8-ton Giganotosaurus looks ready for its next meal.
- Explore the natural history of Georgia and the story of our planet as you journey through lifelike geographic regions and historic re-creations in A Walk Through Time in Georgia. Highlights include a dinosaur gallery, a giant sloth, a cave, and the sights and sounds of the Okefenokee Swamp.
- Stimulate your senses with lasers, mirrors, water, acoustics and more in Sensing Nature.
- Watch your kids become explorers, scientists and adventurers as they discover the many wonders of the natural world through hundreds of hands-on activities, live animal displays and engaging encounters in NatureQuest.
FERNBANK MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
767 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Martinis & IMAX: A classy, all-adult evening museum experience; 6:30pm-11pm, Fridays (except in Dec). Cost for CityPASS holders: $13; food and drink available for purchase. Reservations: (404) 929-6400 or fernbankmuseum.org.
Advice for Visitors
- Major Special Exhibitions: Wild Music, Feb. 6-July 31; Creatures of Light, March 26-August 14; World’s Largest Dinosaurs, Sept. 17 – Jan 2; Winter Wonderland opens Nov. 2016.
- Dining: The Fernbank Café
- Gift Shop: Museum Store, Special Exhibition Store
Best time to visit: The museum is popular with school groups on weekday mornings. They generally depart by mid-afternoon.
Accessibility: Fully accessible facility; elevators; free wheelchairs
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.