Save 43% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
- Step into prehistoric Patagonia and see Argentinosaurus, the largest known dinosaur to ever walk the Earth. Close behind it, the 47-foot long, 8-ton Giganotosaurus looks ready for its next meal.
- Explore the natural history of Georgia and the story of our planet as you journey through lifelike geographic regions and historic re-creations in A Walk Through Time in Georgia. Highlights include a dinosaur gallery, a giant sloth, a cave, and the sights and sounds of the Okefenokee Swamp.
- Stimulate your senses with lasers, mirrors, water, acoustics and more in Sensing Nature.
- Watch your kids become explorers, scientists and adventurers as they discover the many wonders of the natural world through hundreds of hands-on activities, live animal displays and engaging encounters in NatureQuest.
FERNBANK MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
767 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Martinis & IMAX: A classy, all-adult evening museum experience; 6:30pm-11pm, Fridays (except in Dec). Cost for CityPASS holders: $13; food and drink available for purchase. Reservations: (404) 929-6400 or fernbankmuseum.org.
Advice for Visitors
- Major Special Exhibitions: Wild Music, Feb. 6-July 31; Creatures of Light, March 26-August 14; World’s Largest Dinosaurs, Sept. 17 – Jan 2; Winter Wonderland opens Nov. 2016.
- Dining: The Fernbank Café
- Gift Shop: Museum Store, Special Exhibition Store
Best time to visit: The museum is popular with school groups on weekday mornings. They generally depart by mid-afternoon.
Accessibility: Fully accessible facility; elevators; free wheelchairs
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.