Boston CityPASS » New England Aquarium
New England Aquarium
The New Aquarium Experience is here. See the Aquarium’s 21st-century transformation, featuring a spectacular new Caribbean coral reef teeming with more than 2,000 animals. The renovated 200,000 gallon Giant Ocean Tank features crystal-clear views of sharks, sea turtles, stingrays and thousands of tropical fishes. Your Aquarium adventure includes bustling penguin colonies, playful seals and the smooth skin of a cownose ray gliding under your fingertips. Complete your journey with Penguins 3D in IMAX (additional cost). The Aquarium is a treasure trove ready for exploration by families and ocean lovers right in the heart of downtown Boston.
1 Central Wharf
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Sat, Sun and holidays until 6pm
Extended summer hours, see details
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
General admission to New England’s premier aquarium offering more than 800 species of marine animals.
- On the Front Plaza, a slice of New England rocky coast is home to resident harbor seals.
- Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle, who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- The largest touch tank on the East Coast, featuring more than 100 amazing animals, including cownose rays, Atlantic Rays and sharks.
- The 150,000-gallon Tropical Ocean exhibit features turtles, sharks, eels, stingrays, tarpon and many more colorful tropical fishes
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the box office Express window (look for the CityPASS sign) and skip the main ticket line.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Simons IMAX® Theatre: The 45-minute IMAX® films are available to CityPASS holders at the discounted price of $6. IMAX® Special Presentations are available for $12.95 adults, $10.95 children.
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only. Additional cost required for CityPASS holders; check prices.
Advice for Visitors
- Pick up a daily schedule when you arrive for feeding times, presentations, IMAX movie times and must-see exhibit infomration.
- The Aquarium is easily accessible right on the MBTA Blue Line, see details
- Arrive before 10:30am or after 3pm for the best experience.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the New England Aquarium Gift Shop. See booklet for details.
Parking: Boston Harbor Garage; distance: 1 min., 1/10 mi. walk, see details
Dining: Harbor View Café, an open-air restaurant on the Aquarium Plaza (summer only)
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair IMAX seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details
Handicap parking available in Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Gift Shop: In West Wing lobby
Photography: Personal use photography permitted; No tripods or stands
Lockers: Lockers and over-size item storage at Information Desk.
Strollers: Permitted in most areas. Check strollers at Information Desk; rentals not available.
MBTA: Take the Blue Line to Aquarium stop
Old Town Trolley Tour: Stop 1
Plan Your Visit to Boston - Use our collection of Boston attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Boston attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 12+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 3–11||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 49%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997