Boston CityPASS » New England Aquarium
New England Aquarium
The Aquarium is open and in the midst of an exciting renovation. See animals from around the world including penguins, sharks, eels and tropical fish. Watch fur seals and sea lions at play in their waterfront exhibit and touch a cownose ray. Meet more than 800 marine species, and catch a spectacular IMAX® 3-D film (additional charge).
1 Central Wharf
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Sat, Sun and holidays until 6pm
Extended summer hours, see details
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
General admission to New England’s premier aquarium offering more than 800 species of marine animals.
- On the Front Plaza, a slice of New England rocky coast is home to resident harbor seals.
- Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle, who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- The largest touch tank on the East Coast, featuring more than 100 amazing animals, including cownose rays, Atlantic Rays and sharks.
- The 150,000-gallon Tropical Ocean exhibit features turtles, sharks, eels, stingrays, tarpon and many more colorful tropical fishes
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the box office Express window (look for the CityPASS sign) and skip the main ticket line.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Simons IMAX® Theatre: Ask about discounts on IMAX combo tickets.
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only; Additional cost required for CityPASS holders.
Advice for Visitors
- Pick up a daily schedule when you arrive for feeding times, presentations, IMAX movie times and must-see exhibit infomration.
- The Aquarium is easily accessible right on the MBTA Blue Line, see details
- Arrive before 10:30am or after 3pm for the best experience.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the New England Aquarium Gift Shop. See booklet for details.
Parking: Boston Harbor Garage; distance: 1 min., 1/10 mi. walk, see details
Dining: Harbor View Café, an open-air restaurant on the Aquarium Plaza (summer only)
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair IMAX seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details
Handicap parking available in Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Gift Shop: In West Wing lobby
Photography: Personal use photography permitted; No tripods or stands
Lockers: Lockers and over-size item storage at Information Desk.
Strollers: Permitted in most areas. Check strollers at Information Desk; rentals not available.
MBTA: Take the Blue Line to Aquarium stop
Old Town Trolley Tour: Stop 1
Plan Your Visit to Boston - Use our collection of Boston attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Five attraction tickets
in one easy purchase
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 12+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 3–11||Enter Qty||
My husband and I were in Boston for just four days and CityPass was a great way to see the sites. We enjoyed skipping the lines to purchase tickets. The Harvard Museum glass botanicals were a highlight!
by Monica Forget