Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
New England Aquarium
Explore the Secret World of Penguins. Come to the New England Aquarium this summer and learn all about those beloved birds that fly underwater—penguins! There are more than 80 birds and three different species in our colony. With their signature waddles and festive attire, it's amazing to watch them bounce around their island territories and rocket through the water of their 150,00-gallon exhibit.
But just wait until you learn their secrets. Use your adventure guide at decoding stations throughout the Aquarium to uncover the power of penguins' underwater super speed. Peek into the hidden burrows where penguins care for their young. See all the tricks they have up their feathers. You are about to become a penguinologist—one of the many allies penguins have.
General admission to New England’s premier aquarium offering more than 800 species of marine animals.
1 Central Wharf
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Sat, Sun and holidays until 6pm
Extended summer hours, see details
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
- On the Front Plaza, a slice of New England rocky coast is home to resident harbor seals.
- Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle, who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- The largest touch tank on the East Coast, featuring more than 100 amazing animals, including cownose rays, Atlantic Rays and sharks.
- The 200,000-gallon Giant Ocean Tank features turtles, sharks, eels, stingrays, tarpon and many more colorful tropical fishes.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the box office Advanced Ticketing window (look for the CityPASS sign) and skip the main ticket line.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Simons IMAX® Theatre: The 45-minute IMAX® films are available to CityPASS holders at the discounted price of $5. IMAX® Special Presentations are available for $12.95 adults, $10.95 children.
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only. Additional cost required for CityPASS holders; check prices.
Advice for Visitors
- Pick up a daily schedule when you arrive for feeding times, presentations, IMAX movie times and must-see exhibit infomration.
- The Aquarium is easily accessible right on the MBTA Blue Line, see details
- Visitors are encouraged to arrive at opening time to avoid crowds.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the New England Aquarium Gift Shop. See booklet for details.
Parking: Boston Harbor Garage; distance: 1 min., 1/10 mi. walk, see details
Dining: An open-air restaurant (summer only), Harbor View Café,
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair IMAX seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details
Handicap parking available in Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Gift Shop: In West Wing lobby
Photography: Personal use photography permitted; No tripods or stands
Lockers: Lockers and over-size item storage at Information Desk.
Strollers: Permitted in most areas. Check strollers at Information Desk; rentals not available.
MBTA: Take the Blue Line to Aquarium stop.
Old Town Trolley Tour: Stop 1
Plan Your Visit to Boston - Use our collection of Boston tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Boston attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Extra Value Coupons
Happy travelers since 1997