Save 47% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
- Learn what it takes to be a turtle rescuer and get hands-on experience in diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating sea turtles in the Sea Turtle Hospital.
- Get a magical look at a Carribean coral reef in the Giant Ocean Tank, with more than 3,000 carefully sculpted coral elements and more than 1,000 animals, including Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- Gently stroke cownose rays, Atlantic rays and epaulette sharks as they swim gracefully through the crystal clear water of the Trust Family Foundation Shark and Ray Touch Tank. See the only two species of seadragons in the world in the seadragon exhibit.
- Don’t miss the bustling penguin colony, home to three species of penguins and over 80 individual penguins in all.
NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM
1 Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Extended summer hours; see website.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Simons IMAX® Theatre: The 45-minute IMAX® films are available to CityPASS holders at the discounted price of $5. IMAX® Special Presentations are available for $12.95 adults, $10.95 children..
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only. Additional cost required for CityPASS holders; check prices.
Discount: 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Gift Shop. See booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Pick up a daily schedule when you arrive for feeding times, presentations, IMAX movie times and must-see exhibit information.
- Dining: An open-air restaurant (summer only), Harbor View Café
- Gift Shop: In West Wing Lobby
Best time to visit: Visitors are encouraged to arrive at opening time to avoid crowds.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair IMAX seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details. Handicap parking available in Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.