Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Museum of Science
Make one remarkable discovery after another at the Museum of Science! Visit more than 700 interactive exhibits; watch live animal presentations and science demonstrations; witness an indoor lightning storm in the Theater of Electricity; and more! Other features (requiring separate admission) include the 3-D Digital Cinema, the Butterfly Garden, the Charles Hayden Planetarium and the Mugar Omni Theater – New England’s only IMAX® Dome screen.
General exhibit halls admission to explore hands-on, minds-on science.
1 Science Park
On the Charles River
Open daily, 9am-5pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
- The 10,000 square foot Hall of Human Life, new in November 2013, highlights breakthroughs in biology and biotechnology. With more than 70 interactive components, the exhibition revolutionizes how you engage with your biology and manage your health.
- The Museum has remained on the cutting edge of science education by developing over 700 innovative and interactive exhibits and programs that both entertain and educate. In addition to the exhibits, there is the Mugar Omni Theater, the Charles Hayden Planetarium, the 3-D Theater, the Butterfly Garden, and the Theater of Electricity.
- Live Presentations are scheduled daily. From Design Challenges to Live Animal shows, live demonstrations are held through the day, and most are free with Exhibit Halls admission, included with CityPASS.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the main box office to redeem for a general admission ticket and to purchase optional upgrade tickets.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Water Stories: Conversations in Paint and Sound
Open through January 4, 2015
Anne Neely's paintings, complemented by artist Halsey Burgund's soundscapes, invite inquiry into water's role in our world and how we affect it.
Animals Without Passports
Open through January 31, 2015
Follow along with humpback whales as they migrate from Massachusetts to the Caribbean. Animals Without Passports examines this annual journey from the Atlantic Ocean to warmer tropical waters.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Mugar Omni Theater (IMAX®): Cost for CityPASS holders: One show, $10 adult, $8 child (3-11). Double feature (IMAX/Planetarium), $15 adult, $12 child (3-11). Free Film Fridays are back this March! Enjoy free Omni films anytime on March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30.
Charles Hayden Planetarium: Cost for CityPASS holders: One show, $10 adult, $8 child (3-11). Double feature (IMAX/Planetarium), $15 adult, $12 child (3-11).
4D Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6 adult, $5 child (3-11)
Butterfly Garden: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Simulator Experience: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Maya: Hidden Worlds Revealed: Uncover the rise and eventual decline of this complex civilization, including its social, natural, and spiritual realms. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adult and Youth, $12.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss live daily demonstrations, most are free with CityPASS admission, Details including schedule
- Upon arrival, stop by the box office to purchase upgrades to Special Exhibits, IMAX, Planetarium, 3D Cinema, Butterfly Garden, and Simulators. Some are offered at a reduced rate for CityPASS holders.
- Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
- Get 10% off purchase of $25 or more. See booklet for details.
Parking: Museum Garage, see details
Dining: Museum Café
Accessibility: All attractions accessible by elevator or escalator. Limited number of wheelchairs and electric scooters available at Information Booth on first-come, first-served basis. Services provided for visual and hearing impaired; see details.
Self-Guide: Museum guides available in 8 languages at Information Booth or Download (PDF) now.
Gift Shop: Museum Store
MBTA: Take the Green Lechmere line to the Science Park stop
Old Town Trolley Tour: Stop 4 (nearest)
Plan Your Visit to Boston - Use our collection of Boston tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Boston attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997