Save 47% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
The New Boston CityPASS is Now Available
A new attraction line-up including Boston Harbor Cruises is now available for purchase.
- Get an up-close view Cliff the Triceratops, a 65-million-year-old fossil discovered in the Dakota Badlands in 2004.
- Take a journey inside the human body in the Hall of Human Life, where you’ll learn about breakthroughs in science that will change the way you engage with your biology and manage your health
- Catch one of the live demonstrations that take place daily, from design challenges to live animal shows.
- Explore the 700+ innovative and interactive exhibits for hands-on experiences that will entertain and educate minds of all ages.
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE
1 Science Park
Boston, MA 02114
On the Charles River
Open daily, 9am-5pm
Jul 5 - Labor Day until 7pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
(617) 589-0417 TTY
Mugar Omni Theater (IMAX®): Cost for CityPASS holders: One show, $10 adult, $8 child (3-11). Double feature (IMAX/Planetarium), $15 adult, $12 child (3-11).
Charles Hayden Planetarium: Cost for CityPASS holders: One show, $10 adult, $8 child (3-11). Double feature (IMAX/Planetarium), $15 adult, $12 child (3-11).
4D Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6 adult, $5 child (3-11)
Butterfly Garden: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Simulator Experience: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Discount: 10% off purchase of $25 or more. See booklet for details.
The Science Behind Pixar: Enjoy a unique, first-time look into the Pixar process and explore the science and technology behind some of the most beloved animated films and their characters with the world premiere of The Science Behind Pixar, open through January 10. Cost for CityPASS holders: $12.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss live daily demonstrations; most are free with CityPASS admission.
- Upon arrival, stop by the box office to purchase upgrades to Special Exhibits, IMAX, Planetarium, 4-D Theater, Butterfly Garden, and Simulators. Some are offered at a reduced rate for CityPASS holders.
- Museum guides available in 8 languages at Information Booth or Download (PDF) now.
- Dining: Museum Café
- Gift Shops: Museum Store
Best time to visit: Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
Accessibility: All attractions accessible by elevator or escalator. Limited number of wheelchairs and electric scooters available at Information Booth on first-come, first-served basis. Services provided for visual and hearing impaired; see details.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.