Boston CityPASS » Museum of Science
Museum of Science
Make one remarkable discovery after another at the Museum of Science! Visit more than 700 interactive exhibits; watch live animal presentations and science demonstrations; witness an indoor lightning storm in the Theater of Electricity; and more! Other features (requiring separate admission) include the 3-D Digital Cinema, the Butterfly Garden, the Charles Hayden Planetarium and the Mugar Omni Theater – New England’s only IMAX® Dome screen.
1 Science Park
On the Charles River
Open daily, 9am-5pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
General exhibit halls admission to explore hands-on, minds-on science.
- The 10,000 square foot Hall of Human Life, new in November 2013, highlights breakthroughs in biology and biotechnology. With more than 70 interactive components, the exhibition revolutionizes how you engage with your biology and manage your health.
- The Museum has remained on the cutting edge of science education by developing over 700 innovative and interactive exhibits and programs that both entertain and educate. In addition to the exhibits, there is the Mugar Omni Theater, the Charles Hayden Planetarium, the 3-D Theater, the Butterfly Garden, and the Theater of Electricity.
- Live Presentations are scheduled daily. From Design Challenges to Live Animal shows, live demonstrations are held through the day, and most are free with Exhibit Halls admission, included with CityPASS.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the main box office to redeem for a general admission ticket and to purchase optional upgrade tickets.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture
December 22, 2013 - April 13, 2014
Explore the complex and intricate food system that brings what we eat from farm to fork. In sections devoted to growing, transporting, cooking, eating, and celebrating, this temporary exhibit illuminates the myriad ways that food is produced and moved throughout the world. Experience the intersection of food, nature, culture, health, and history — and consider some of the most challenging issues of our time.
Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture is organized by the American Museum of Natural History, New York.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Mugar Omni Theater (IMAX®): Cost for CityPASS holders: One show, $10 adult, $8 child (3-11). Double feature (IMAX/Planetarium), $15 adult, $12 child (3-11). Free Film Fridays are back this March! Enjoy free Omni films anytime on March 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30.
Charles Hayden Planetarium: Cost for CityPASS holders: One show, $10 adult, $8 child (3-11). Double feature (IMAX/Planetarium), $15 adult, $12 child (3-11).
3-D Digital Cinema: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Butterfly Garden: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Simulator Experience: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 adult, $4 child (3-11)
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss live daily demonstrations, most are free with CityPASS admission, Details including schedule
- Upon arrival, stop by the box office to purchase upgrades to Special Exhibits, IMAX, Planetarium, 3D Cinema, Butterfly Garden, and Simulators. Some are offered at a reduced rate for CityPASS holders.
- Weekday afternoons are the least crowded.
- Get 10% off purchase of $25 or more. See booklet for details.
Parking: Museum Garage, see details
Dining: Museum Café
Accessibility: All attractions accessible by elevator or escalator. Limited number of wheelchairs and electric scooters available at Information Booth on first-come, first-served basis. Services provided for visual and hearing impaired; see details.
Self-Guide: Museum guides available in 8 languages at Information Booth or Download (PDF) now.
Gift Shop: Museum Store
MBTA: Take the Green Lechmere line to the Science Park stop
Old Town Trolley Tour: Stop 4 (nearest)
Plan Your Visit to Boston - Use our collection of Boston attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Boston attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 12+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 3–11||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 49%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997