Save 45% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
- See the amazingly realistic Glass Flowers collection, with over 3000 models on display representing more than 830 plant species.
- Take a walk through the woods in New England Forests, where you’ll learn about the natural history and ecology of New England’s regional forests and the creatures that live there.
- Visit the Africa Gallery and see impressive mounted specimens of African wildlife collected over a century ago, including hippopotamus, lion, ostrich, hyena, gorilla, and a variety of rare animals from the island of Madagascar.
- Examine thousands of rare minerals and sparkling gemstones, plus rock and mineral specimens dating back to the beginning of our solar system, in the Earth and Planetary Sciences Gallery.
HARVARD MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
26 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
10-minute walk from Harvard Square
Open daily, 9am-5pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day
Discount: Save 10% at the Natural History Museum Shop on a purchase of $25 or more (not including sale merchandise). See booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss a close encounter with the toothed jaw of the Sperm Whale on the balcony of the Great Mammal Hall.
- Harvard Square offers an array of opportunities for dining, shopping, films, or performing arts for all interests and budgets. Make a day of it.
- Admission to the Harvard Museum of Natural History also admits visitors to the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology.
- Dining: Restaurants in nearby Harvard Square.
- Gift Shops: Museum Shop
Accessibility: Elevators access the 3rd floor galleries via the (north) side entrance of the building at 26 Oxford Street.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (617) 495-2341.