15 Years of Happy CityPASS Travelers
CityPASS: Experience a city’s top attractions while saving up to half off the cost of admission.
CityPASS is the idea of co-founders Mike Gallagher and Mike Morey, whose respective backgrounds in destination marketing and tourism industry research armed them with insight into how travelers want to experience a destination: without a lot of fuss and at significant savings.
Launched in 1997 in Seattle and San Francisco, CityPASS bundles prepaid admission to each city’s top attractions – based on annual attendance – into one easy-to-use ticket booklet whose cost is up to half off what it would cost to purchase those same admissions separately. And, because CityPASS limits the number of attractions on each city’s pass to five or six of the most popular sights, visitors have ample time to enjoy a destination, never feeling the need to rush frantically from attraction to attraction to get their money’s worth.
An immediate hit, CityPASS is now available in 11 North American destinations: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Hollywood, Houston, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Southern California and Toronto. More than a million happy travelers use CityPASS each year.
But all this growth hasn’t changed CityPASS’s commitment to quality and service. In fact, CityPASS enjoys a 99 percent customer approval rating. Still family-owned and operated, CityPASS is headquartered in the small mountain town of Victor, Idaho.
If you enjoyed this graphic, please feel free to share it on your site. Simply copy & paste the following code into your website or blog:
<a href="http://www.citypass.com/blog/15-years-of-happy-citypass-travelers"><img alt="15 Years of Happy CityPASS Travelers Timeline" src="http://b.citypass.com/blog/info/citypass-15-years-sm.jpg" /></a>
- Co-founders Mike Morey and Mike Gallagher come up with the CityPASS concept; package a city's top attractions and save up to half the cost of purchasing admission tickets individually
- Philadelphia CityPASS launches
- 1,000,000 CityPASS booklets sold
- CityPASS 5-year anniversary
- Southern California CityPASS launches
- Toronto CityPASS launches
- Mike Morey and Mike Gallagher were named the F. Norman Clark Entrepreneur of the Year by the California Travel Industry Association.
- Atlanta CityPASS launches
- CityPASS 10-year anniversary
- Houston CityPASS launches
- 5,000,000 CityPASS booklets sold
- Parenting and Real Simple magazines feature CityPASS as a great way to save money while traveling.
- Top of the Rock™ atop Rockefeller Center joins New York CityPASS
- Family Circle and Alaska Airlines are two of the 551 media outlets that feature CityPASS in 2010.
- Research reveals a 99% customer satisfaction rating!
- The Art Institute of Chicago joins Chicago CityPASS
- CityPASS launches mobile site and City Traveler online community.
- CityPASS ends 2011 with more than $4.2 million in media coverage, including a spot on NBC's Today show and travel articles in the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, and The Denver Post.
- The Old State House joins Boston CityPASS
- CityPASS celebrates 15 years of happy travelers.
- Over 8,000,000 CityPASS booklets have been sold to date.