Seattle CityPASS » Plan Your Visit
Address & Hours
Open 365 days a year. Hours vary by season, and special hours apply for holidays and special events; see details.
1483 Alaskan Way, Pier 59
On downtown waterfront, below Pike Place Market
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Holiday hours apply on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve; see details.
Closed Christmas Day and June 7, 2013.
Visitor Center: Pier 56
5-minute walk southwest/below Pike Place Market
Departures vary by day and season; see details.
Obtain timed boarding pass at least 15 min. prior to departure.
Closed Christmas Day.
200 2nd Ave. N.
Under the arches near the Space Needle
Open 10am-5pm or 6pm.
Hours vary; check website for details.
Closed Tuesdays September-May, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
325 5th Avenue N.
At Seattle Center, near Space Needle
Summer (May 24-Sep 2): Open daily, 10am-7pm
Winter (Sep 3-May 23): Open daily 10am-5pm
Special holiday hours apply; see details.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
South Entrance address:
Open daily 9:30am
Closing times vary seasonally.
Zoo closes at 3pm on July 12, 2013, for zoo fundraiser.
Closed Christmas Day.
Day/Night admission: two visits to the top within 24 hours. Check out the amazing view in daylight, then enjoy the sunset and lights of the city by dark.
General admission to all the aquarium’s major exhibits and frequent interpretive shows that highlight marine life from the Puget Sound region.
A one-hour narrated harbor tour that circles the Elliot Bay and Seattle Harbor, offering wonderful views of the Seattle skyline, waterfront, and Olympic and Cascade Mountains.
General admission to Washington’s leading institution for fun and engaged learning, including one regular IMAX® movie and tropical butterfly house.
General admission to EMP Museum at Seattle Center located just steps from the Space Needle. Explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction, and popular culture.
General admission to the 92-acre award-winning zoo. Ticket valid for general admission only and is not valid with other promotions or offers; seasonal exhibits may require an additional fee.
General admission to this all-encompassing aviation experience including the Great Gallery, Airpark, Lear Gallery, Personal Courage Wing, Memorial Bridge, Red Barn, William M. Allen Theater, and most special exhibits.
- Unparelelled views of Mt. Rainer to the south, the Cascade range to the East, and the majestic Olympics to the West.
- Perched atop a hill in Seattle Center, its 605-foot height appears even taller.
- Zoom in on the action below with a Swarovski telescope, for free.
- Colorful, imaginative graphics around the outer edge of the observation level and the informative displays along the interior tell you what you are looking at so you don't have to guess.
- Visitors are entertained by a fabulous assortment of charming marine mammals, including sea otters, harbors seals and fur seals.
- Frequent interpretive shows highlight marine life from the Puget Sound region.
- Two large tidepools allow visitors to reach in and feel live seastars, urchins, sea anemones and kelp.
- The Underwater Dome provides 360-degree views of Puget Sound life within a 400,000-gallon tank
- Take in amazing views of the Seattle skyline, Elliott Bay waterfront, the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges, shipping terminals, and historic neighborhoods.
- Expert narration offers interesting facts about waterfront piers, Seattle’s maritime history and Space Needle.
- You’ll have terrific views of the Space Needle.
- Catch a glimpse of container ships and The Washington State ferry fleet — the largest in the U.S.
- The Tropical Butterfly House is warm and sunny every day of the year thanks to full-spectrum lighting.
- Learn how personal choices can positively affect our health and well-being at Professor Wellbody's Academy of Health and Wellness, a new 7000-square foot permanent exhibit that presents health as a life-long process of balancing exercise, diet, proper rest and hygiene.
- Meet seven robotic dinosaurs of the Mesozoic Era in Dinosaurs: A Journey Through Time.
- Learn about new advances in health scientific innovation at The Studio.
- CityPASS includes one regular IMAX® movie.
- EMP is a leading-edge, nonprofit museum, dedicated to the ideas and risk-taking that fuel contemporary popular culture.
- Hear My Train a Comin': Hendrix Hits London celebrates the 70th birthday of the iconic Jimi Hendrix by inviting viewers to discover how Hendrix achieved prominence across the pond.
- Be a star at Go On Stage, a virtual concert experience where you’re under the bright lights, in front of screaming fans.
- Watch music performances and light shows on the world's largest indoor video screen.
- Explore the spectrum of cinematic horror in Can't Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film.
- Iconic sci-fi artifacts on display include an Imperial Dalek from Doctor Who, the Star Trek command chair, and Neo's coat from The Matrix Reloaded.
- The Zoo is home to more than 1,000 animal ambassadors, representing 300 species across the globe.
- See the world’s first sustainable penguin exhibit, using geothermal technology to cool and heat the water.
- Naturalistic habitats take you from Alaska's tundra (Northern Trail) to Australia & New Zealand to South America & Africa.
- The Temperate Forest, African Savanna and Tropical Rain Forest host a vast assortment of amazing animals.
- Zoomazium’s nature play space is perfect for kids.
- Immerse yourself in the desert coast of Peru with the state-of-the-art Humboldt penguin exhibit.
- Additional facilities include Rose Garden and Rain Forest Food Pavilion.
- Step aboard the Space Shuttle Trainer, formerly the training apparatus for all Space Shuttle astronauts and now a permanent fixture at The Museum of Flight.
- Walk the aisles of Air Force One and the Concorde.
- Be inspired by those who solved the mysteries of powered flight, flew high, broke the sound barrier, and traveled into space.
- Exhibits are interactive — climb right into cockpits.
- Relax with a free movie in the William M. Allen Theater.
With a CityPASS booklet, take the elevator ramp directly to the 2nd level entrance to skip the main ticket line. During busy times, an employee will be available to assist you. Exchange voucher for a CityPASS booklet at the ticket area Will Call window to skip the main ticket line.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the member/prepaid ticket line to skip main ticket line.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher for a timed boarding pass at either the Argosy visitor center at Pier 56 or the ticket booth at Pier 55.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at any entrance, excluding Member or Express entrance, to select your IMAX movie and reserve an entry time and to purchase exhibit/IMAX upgrade tickets.
Present CityPASS booklet at the admission desk to obtain an admission receipt or to any gallery entry to obtain a museum sticker. Exchange vouchers for a CityPASS booklet at the main admissions desk.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main entry point to skip the main ticket line. Exchange voucher for a CityPASS at any admission ticket window.
Present your CityPASS booklet or voucher at the member express desk or general admission desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Boeing IMAX Theater
Your choice of one 2D or 3D showtime. Click here for current movies and schedules.
June 1 - September 2, 2013
Do you have what it takes to innovate? Are you a good observer? Do you ask the right questions? Are you willing to take risks? Where do you get your inspiration and do you inspire others? You will soon find out as you open up your thinking, reflect on what you learn and create something new with Imaginate – a multi-activity exhibition that introduces you to the skills and attitudes that are part of the process of innovation.
June 1 - September 2, 2013
NASA's Destination: Station multi-media exhibit will immerse you in the story of the International Space Station.
Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses
EMP is proud to present the world's most extensive exhibition of memorabilia celebrating the music and history of Seattle grunge luminaries, Nirvana. The exhibit features rare and unseen artifacts and photography from the band, their crews and families.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Chihuly Garden and Glass: Use the coupon in your CityPASS booklet to receive up to $5 off general admission.
Tillicum Village Upgrade: Exchange your Argosy Harbor Tour CityPASS ticket for a Tillicum Village upgrade including narrated cruise, buffet salmon bake, and native-inspired dance show. Adults and seniors, $45 (regularly $79.95); ages 5-12, $15; ages 4 and under, free. See coupon in booklet.
Locks Cruise Upgrade: Exchange your Argosy Harbor Tour CityPASS ticket for a Locks Cruise upgrade, a 2-and-a-half hour tour that connects the salt water of Puget Sound with the fresh water of Lake Union via the Hiram Chittenden Locks. Enjoy live narration of Seattle's history while viewing the historic waterfront. Adults and seniors, $15; ages 4-12, $10; ages 3 and under, free. See coupon in booklet.
Evening Laser Shows: Cost for CityPASS holders: Thurs $5, Fri-Sun $9 (no shows Mon-Wed).
Planetarium or Laser Matinee: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3.
Full feature length IMAX films: Cost for CityPASS holders: a reduced price of only $8. Click here for current movies and schedules.
Special engagement exhibits: Reduced cost for CityPASS holders; varies by exhibit.
Historic Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $2 per ride.
Feed the Penguins: Offered daily (Nov-Apr). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Feed the Birds at Willawong Station: Seedsticks available weekends, holidays and school holidays; $1 each.
Feed the Giraffes: Offered twice daily (May-September, weather dependent). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Feed the Elephants: Offered daily (May-September). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Space Shuttle Trainer Crew Compartment Tours: An hour-long exclusive tour of the Space Shuttle Trainer crew compartment, and an interactive Robotics experience where you can test your Canadarm skills, just like your Space Shuttle heroes. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adult, $30; Child, $25.
Audio Guides: Available in Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and English. Cost for CityPASS holders: $5.
Experience X-Pilot: two-seat Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $8.
Eject! Eject! Eject!: F-18 Hornet 13-seat Simulator: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5.
Advice for Visitors
During high travel seasons such as holidays and summer, entry lines can be longer than usual. Please keep this in mind when planning your visits to the attractions.
- Visit before 11am or after 7pm when it's less crowded.
- Show your CityPASS booklet at the Needlicious Fudge Center and get 1/2 pound of fudge free when you buy 1 pound.
- Visit weekdays after 1 p.m. during winter and weekdays before 11 a.m. during summer when it's less crowded.
- Don't miss the dive shows in the Window on Washington Waters and the Underwater Dome. The divers wear special masks so they can talk to the visitors.
- The mammal feeding times also include informative training demonstrations.
- Get your hand stamped and you can leave and re-enter the aquarium all day.
- Parking at city meters and pay stations is free on Sundays and certain holidays. When possible, take public transportation and avoid parking hassles.
- The first tour of the day is usually the least-crowded.
- Parking availability is usually best during the early part of the day.
- Arrive 20 minutes before the scheduled departure to give yourself ample time for the ticket and boarding process.
- For the best views, coming and going, head to the top and sit on the city side (your right, when facing the front of the boat).
- If it’s a sunny day, grab a seat outside and don’t forget your camera.
- Weekday afternoons are the least-crowded. On weekends, Sunday afternoons are likely to have lightest weekend crowds.
- Reserve an IMAX show time at the box office. Full feature-length IMAX films require a reduced rate upgrade fee of $8.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Food, beverage and flash photography are not permitted in the galleries.
- Complimentary coat check is available.
- The least crowded time to visit is weekday afternoons after 1pm.
- The Woodland Park Zoo iPhone or Android App, $0.99, is a great way to enhance your Zoo experience; details and download.
- Visit weekdays before 11am when it's less crowded.
- Stop by on your way to or from Sea-Tac airport – it's only 10 minutes away.
Parking: Valet parking (at Space Needle); Seattle Center lots nearby.
Dining: SkyCity revolving restaurant & SkyCafé
Gift Shop: SpaceBase Gifts
Parking: Metered on-street parking available, as well as nearby lots and city parking garages.
Dining: Aquarium Café
Accessibility: All regular exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
Self-Guide: Cell phone audio tour available.
Gift Shop: Seattle Aquarium Store
Coat Check: Complimentary coat/package check available.
Parking: Metered on-street parking is available, as well as nearby lots and city parking garages.
Dining: Snacks, sandwiches, soft drinks, beer and wine available on board.
Accessibility: All vessels are wheelchair friendly. Please call (206) 623-1445 to notify Argosy of any special-assistance needs prior to cruises so they may provide appropriate assistance upon arrival.
Gift Shop: Souvenirs available in onboard gift area.
Parking: James Albert Claypool Memorial Garage, located at 2nd Ave North and Denny Way
Dining: Pacific Science Center Café
Gift Shop: Pacific Science Center Store
Parking: On-street parking and Seattle Center lots nearby. For more information, visit Seattle Center transportation website or call (206) 233-3989.
Dining: Pop Kitchen & Bar
Accessibility: Fully accessible to disabilities; on monorail line.
Gift Shop: EMP Museum Store
Checkroom: Complimentary guest bag and coat check.
Parking: Lots at each entrance; $5.25 per day (pay at parking kiosk machines).
Dining: Rain Forest Food Pavilion, Pacific Blue Chowder House; multiple snack shacks.
Accessibility: Fully accessible. Non-electric wheelchairs available at south entrance, $10.
Gift Shop: ZooStore (south and west entrances), 9:30am-closing, daily.
Strollers: Available for rent at south and west entrance visitor assistance: single strollers, $6; double strollers, $8; wagons, $9.
Parking: Museum lot, free
Dining: Wings Café
Accessibility: Handicapped accessible
Self-Guide: Gallery Audio Guides, $5 per person
Gift Shop: Museum of Flight Store
Driving Directions: From I-5, take exit 167 (Seattle Center) or use the Monorail from downtown's Westlake Mall.
Metro Transit: Seattle Aquarium is on Metro Transit's route #99.
Metro Transit: Argosy Cruises is on the Waterfront Streetcar Line Route 99.
Driving Direction2: From I-5, take exit 167.
Metro Transit: Buses stop off at the entrance, including routes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 19 and 24.
Metro Transit: EMP is served by many Metro bus routes including 3,4, and 16 with frequent connection to downtown and surrounding areas. Also very accessible by Monorail.
Metro Transit: Take the #5 bus from downtown directly to the zoo.
Driving Directions: From I-5, take exit 158.
Metro Transit: Take route 124.
Unscheduled group visits may create a delay in entry. For your convenience, here is list of attractions with specific group requirements. We strongly recommend that you contact them prior to your visit based on the group sizes indicated below. Please feel welcome to also contact attractions not listed here to ensure a smooth entry.
Groups of 20 or more: Call (206) 386-4353.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (206) 676-3158.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (206) 443-3611.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (206) 770-2766.
Groups of 10 or more: Call (206) 768-7104.
King County Metro Transit
Seattle Center Monorail
Seattle Center Monorail travels a single route from Westlake Center to Seattle Center about every 10 minutes. Details here.
Sound Transit provides rapid and affordable light-rail train connections between Seattle-Tacoma International Airport and downtown Seattle, with 11 stops between the airport and Westlake Station in downtown Seattle. The trip from the airport to downtown Seattle takes 37 minutes. Details here.
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 13+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 4–12||Enter Qty||
Seattle CityPASS is a ticket booklet that saves 43% on admission to the 6 best attractions in Seattle.
We were able to use the coupons in three days without feeling rushed. In addition to saving over 50% on all the tickets, it was great to by pass the lines when getting in. Will definitely look at purchasing City Passes for other cities.