Save 42% on admission to the top San Francisco attractions plus unlimited cable car rides with CityPASS.
- See the whole city and access all the San Francisco CityPASS attractions using Muni.
- Make your way around San Francisco on Muni’s diverse fleet of historic streetcars, world famous cable cars, modern light rail vehicles, diesel buses, alternative fuel vehicles, and electric trolley coaches.
- Watch the Cable Car gripmen in action as they navigate the city streets.
CABLE CAR AND MUNI BUS PASSPORT
Market & Powell
Beach & Hyde
Bay & Taylor
SFMTA Customer Service Center:
11 S. Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Cable Cars: approx. 6am-1am
Streetcars (F line): approx. 5am-1am
Most other Muni routes follow similar hours; some operate 24 hours.
Muni operates 365 days a year; see website for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Without CityPASS, a single one-way cable car ride costs $7 (Muni bus: $2.25).
- Vouchers must be exchanged for a booklet prior to riding the cable cars. Please plan ahead; if arriving with a voucher after normal exchange point hours, you'll have to wait until morning to exchange it for a CityPASS booklet.
- You can exchange your voucher at the Bay and Taylor Kiosk and the Hyde and Beach Kiosk; hours vary seasonally, so please check before arriving. No other MUNI locations or vehicles are able to exchange vouchers for booklets.
- You can exchange your voucher at either of the San Francisco Visitor Information Centers. The Macy's San Francisco Visitor Information Center is open from 10am-9pm Monday-Friday and 11am-7pm Sunday and is a great option if you arrive after attraction hours and want to exchange your voucher for a booklet so that you can use MUNI.
- Avoid the long line at the Powell and Market cable car turn-around by boarding at stops at least four blocks above the turnaround.
- The California Street cable car line is least crowded and easiest to board.
- The Muni Passport does not include BART.
- The SFMTA Customer Service Center is located at 11 S. Van Ness Avenue at Market. You can Dial 311 — or (415) 701-2311 if outside SF — for access to 24/7 visitor service information.
- See route maps & schedules.
- When you board your first Muni vehicle using CityPASS, the driver will note the date on the front cover of your booklet (or you can note it yourself). Your Muni passport will be valid for 3 consecutive days, beginning with and including the date on the cover.
Accessibility: Streetcars and Muni busses are 100% wheelchair accessible. Historic Cable Cars are not wheelchair accessible. Some folding chairs or mobility devices may be accommodated; step climbing is required to board.