San Francisco CityPASS » Muni & Cable Car 7-Day Passport
Muni & Cable Car 7-Day Passport
The Muni system operates both diesel and electric trolley buses, historic streetcars and the world-famous Cable Cars. The historic street cars run on the F Market Line and the metro streetcars (light rail vehicles) run in the Market Street subway and on the surface outlying areas.
Market & Powell
Cable Cars: approx. 6am-1am
Streetcars (F line): approx. 5am-1am
Most other Muni routes follow similar hours; some operate 24 hours.
Muni operates 365 days a year; see details.
Show your CityPASS booklet to enjoy unlimited transportation on all Muni trolleys, buses and historic cable cars for seven consecutive days, beginning day of first CityPASS use. Without CityPASS, a single, one-way cable car ride costs $6 (Muni bus: $2). Does not include BART.
- See the whole city and access all the San Francisco CityPASS attractions using Muni.
- A diverse fleet of historic streetcars ,world famous cable cars, modern light rail vehicles, diesel buses, alternative fuel vehicles, and electric trolley coaches will transport you throughout the entire city.
- Watch the gripmen in action as they navigate the city streets.
Present validated CityPASS booklet to the driver on any Municipal Railway passenger vehicle. Exchange voucher for a CityPASS booklet at any included attraction prior to using MUNI. Your voucher is not redeemable or accepted for use aboard MUNI vehicles or at Cable Car Kiosks. Please plan ahead; if arriving after normal attraction hours with a voucher, you'll have to wait until morning to exchange it for a CityPASS booklet to use to board the cable cars.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Candlestick Ballpark Express: An additional $8 per person by showing validated CityPASS when boarding. Cash only; exact amount required.
Advice for Visitors
- Avoid the long line at the Cable Car Turn-Around by boarding at stops at least four blocks above the turnaround.
- The cable car on California Street is least crowded and easiest to board.
- Dial 311 — or (415) 701-2311 if outside SF — for access to 24/7 visitor service information.
- Vouchers must be exchanged for a booklet prior to riding the cable cars. Please plan ahead; if arriving after normal attraction hours with a voucher, you'll have to wait until morning to exchange it for a CityPASS booklet.
- SFMTA Customer Service Center: 11 S. Van Ness Avenue at Market.
Accessibility: Streetcars and Muni busses are 100% wheelchair accessible.
Historic Cable Cars are not wheelchair accessible. Some folding chairs or mobility devices may be accommodated; step climbing is required to board.
MUNI Cable Cars, Street Cars, buses and underground trains: Access the entire downtown San Francisco area; see route maps & schedules.
Plan Your Visit to San Francisco - Use our collection of San Francisco attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Four attraction tickets plus
transportation in one easy purchase
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 12+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 5–11||Enter Qty||
I got the city pass when I was going to be in San Fran for 5 days. The unlimited MUNI was such a lifesaver, and the museums were the highlight of the trip. I wasn't able to visit everything in the time I had, but I still more than made up for the cost of the booklet. Absolutely must have!