Address & Hours
222 North 20th Street
On 20th Street and Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Center City
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Summer Hours (July-Labor Day): 9:30am-7pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, April 21, 2016.
Please note: Closing times are subject to change; please check website for updated listings.
5th & Market St
Tours depart from the Independence Visitor Center located at 5th & Market streets.
(215) 389-TOUR (8687)phillytour.com
Summer (May‑Nov): daily, 9:30am‑4:30pm; tours depart every 30 min.
Winter (Dec‑Apr): daily, 10am‑4pm, tours depart hourly (weather permitting).
Additional tours offered during peak summer season.
Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
1 Riverside Drive
On the Camden Waterfront
Open daily, 10am-5pm
Seasonal extended hours may apply; please check website for current hours.
3400 West Girard Avenue
Fairmount Park, at 34th Street and Girard Avenue. On I-76, exit 342. In Philadelphia's historic Centennial District
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Winter (Nov-Feb): Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
2027 Fairmount Avenue
22nd St. and Fairmont Ave., 5 blocks from Philadelphia Museum of Art
Open daily, 10am-5pm
Last entry at 4pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park
Formerly North Concourse Drive. (GPS: 4231 N. Concourse Drive)
Mon-Sat, 9am-5pm; Sun, 11am-5pm
Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, 9am-4pm. New Year's Day, 11am-4pm.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
General admission to this vibrant museum dedicated to science and technology. Includes one show at the awe-inspiring Fels Planetarium 4-story-tall dome.
Unlimited on/off privileges aboard trolleys and double-decker buses that access 27 stops, including all of the CityPASS attractions except the aquarium. You get on/off privileges for the day of first use plus the entire following day (during normal operating hours).
General admission to the world's most touchable aquarium.
General admission to all of the habitats and animal houses at America’s first zoo, including the PECO Primate Reserve and Big Cat Falls.
General admission to America’s only museum dedicated to the U.S. Constitution and the story of 'We the People'. Includes theatrical performance Freedom Rising and 42 life-size statues in the Signers’ Hall.
General admission to this historical prison that dates back to 1829 and housed infamous criminals such as Al Capone; not recommended for children under seven.
Admission to all museum exhibits, special features, and daily music, literacy and arts programs. Includes theatrical performances in the Please Touch Theater (limited seating available).
- Race virtual competitors along a projected surface, learn how to throw the perfect pitch, and discover how much protection a football helmet actually provides in the NEW sport science exhibit, SportsZone*! *SportsZone opens October 24.
- See a silhouette of your nervous system on a jumbo screen mimic your every move in Your Brain!
- Science comes alive before your eyes with our LIVE science shows! Create a cloud, discover the chemistry behind pyrotechnic explosions, and experience the effects of microgravity – LIVE on stage.
- Children 8 and younger have their very own place to play and learn in the KidScience exhibit! Your little ones will explore the scientific principles of sound, movement, geology, and reflection in fun and interesting ways.
- Enjoy the freedom of unlimited on-and-off privileges at 27 stops for the day of first use plus the entire following day (during normal operating hours).
- Start your tour onboard any trolley or double decker bus.
- Highly-trained staff will enlighten and entertain you with historical tales, cultural highlights and entertaining stories of the city's past, present and future.
- London-style open top double decker buses offer spectacular city views.
- Two million gallons of water host 8,500 animals, including adorable hippos Button & Genny.
- Penguins, sea turtles, hundreds of colorful fish, and even hammerhead sharks are among the fascinating marine life visitors see here.
- At KidZone, kids connect with animals and nature through hands-on play.
- Touch sea stars, anemones, shrimp, jellies, stingrays and sharks at the nation's most touchable aquarium.
- America’s first zoo is home to more than 1,300 rare and endangered animals from around the world.
- At this 43-acre Victorian garden packed with diverse award-winning animal habitats, visitors will see primates, reptiles, 100 spectacular bird species, bears, animals of the African plains and more.
- The lush landscape of First Niagara Big Cat Falls is home to leopards, pumas, lions, tigers and a jaguar.
- Carnivore Kingdom, a 1.5 acre habitat of rocky outcroppings and winding trails, includes diverse animals such as Canada Lynx, dwarf mongoose, black-throated monitor, red panda and one of just a few pairs of endangered giant otters in North American zoos.
- Hands-on, cutting-edge exhibitions, live performances, multimedia experiences, films, sculptures and rare artifacts bring the Constitution to life.
- Walk among 42 life-size bronze statues in the Signers’ Hall.
- Fun, hands-on daily museum programs are presented by education staff to enrich your NCC experience and are included with CityPASS.
- Enjoy the award winning theatrical presentation of Freedom Rising, included with CityPASS.
- From April-November, The Voices of Eastern State audio tour narrated by Steve Buscemi guides you; from December-March, live expert tour guides lead your experience.
- See Al Capone’s cell, restored to its appearance during Capone’s stay
- Tour cellblocks, solitary punishment cells, Death Row, and the newly restored Alfred W. Fleisher Memorial Synagogue.
- TowerCam! gives you the vivid perspective of the view from the central tower.
- One of the nation’s top 10 children’s museums, Please Touch Museum brings to life its mission of enriching the lives of children by creating learning opportunities through play.
- Two floors of interactive exhibit zones encourage learning through play.
- Original theater show performances ignite your child's imagination.
- Featuring age appropriate creative dramatics, music, art and storytime activities throughout the day.
Please read each attraction's instructions on how and where to present your CityPASS booklet. Some attractions may exchange your CityPASS ticket for one of their own.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main box office. During busy times in summer and on weekends, skip the ticketing line and check in at the Membership Desk.
Present CityPASS booklet onboard any trolley or double decker bus to exchange for a "Today and Tomorrow" pass. Redeem voucher at Independence Visitor Center kiosk. Note that buses may not be boarded with vouchers.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at Will Call window to skip the main ticket line.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the main box office.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at box office to redeem for a timed entry ticket.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the main ticket office. Advanced reservations are recommended December-March for Winter Adventure Tour by calling (215) 236-3300.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the admission counter.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
IMAX Theater: Cost for CityPASS holders: $6. (Additional upgrade charge for major motion picture IMAX films.)
Adventure Flight 4-D & Max Flight Simulators: Cost for CityPASS holders: $5/ride.
Sky Bike: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3/ride.
Franklin Theater (3-D): Cost for CityPASS holders: $4 (full-length feature presentation prices vary).
The Art of the Brick: The Art of the Brick is the world’s largest gallery of LEGO® art and a "top 10 must-see exhibit" according to CNN! This art gallery features over 100 creations, assembled from more than one million LEGO bricks, and it's all from the mind of famed contemporary artist Nathan Sawaya, who left his job as a corporate attorney in order to follow his dreams of being a full-time artist and to work exclusively with the world’s most popular toy. Open through October 4, 2015. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adults, $10; Youth, $9.
Ghengis Khan: Uncover the amazing story of one of the world’s greatest leaders and most misunderstood conquerors, Genghis Khan. Learn how his empire forever changed the face of the world, and discover his legacy as both a ruthless warrior and a revered statesman. Experience life in 13th-century Mongolia and see over 200 historical treasures including weapons, jewels, monuments, and more. Open through January 3, 2016. Cost for CityPASS holders: Adult, $10; Youth $9.
8-day Pass, Philadelphia Trolley Works and Big Bus Company: Cost for CityPASS holders (see coupon in booklet): $28 adult, $15 child.
4D Theater presentations: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3. (Must be 36-inches tall – no babies in arms.)
Channel 6 Zooballoon: Soar 400 ft above the zoo to see stunning views of Fairmount Park. Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $10 weekdays/$15 weekends.
Amazon Rainforest Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $3.
PZ Express Train: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $3
Camel, draft horse and pony rides: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $6
Swan Boats: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $6
Self-guided Audio Tour: Features narration by former presidents, famous authors, and voices from history. Cost for CityPASS holders: $3
Dentzel Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $3 per ride.
Advice for Visitors
During high travel seasons such as holidays and summer, entry lines can be longer than usual. Please keep this in mind when planning your visits to the attractions.
- Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it's less crowded. Also, CityPASS holders can check in at the Franklin Membership Desk to skip the main ticket line.
- Tuttleman IMAX movies frequently sell out; purchase your tickets in advance; (215) 448-1254 or see details.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations; see details.
- Get 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Sci-Store. See booklet for details.
- Philadelphia Trolley Works and Big Bus Company accesses all CityPASS attractions except the Adventure Aquarium.
- Start your Philadelphia Trolley Works and Big Bus Company tour in the morning for the best experience.
- Free courtesy shuttle pick-up from all center city locations during normal operating hours.
- For route info, see the printable Phila Trolley route map.
- Visit after 2pm when it's less crowded and the hippos are most active.
- Get 20% off at the Adventure Pier gift shop. See booklet for details.
- Some exhibits available April through October only.
- Arrive before 2pm to see the widest variety of animals.
- Don't miss free zookeeper talks and training demonstrations; meeting times and locations found on the zoo map; see details.
- Throughout the year, the zoo hosts special public events, included with CityPASS admission; see details.
- Weekdays after 12:30pm are least crowded.
- Find out about programs and events for the whole family on NCC’s Calendar of Events; see details.
- Don't miss regularly scheduled fun, free activities to complement your museum experience. Ask a box office representative for Visitor Guide, which provides a map and a list of daily programs.
- Receive a free museum guide book with a purchase of $25 or more at the museum store. See booklet for details.
- ESP is not recommended for children under age seven; see details.
- CityPASS holders join the next available tour; reservations are not necessary in summer but are strongly recommended for Winter Adventure Tour (December-March) by calling (215) 236-3300.
- Dress comfortably and wear walking shoes - it’s essentially an outdoor tour.
- The Fairmount Neighborhood (Center City Philadelphia), is only a few blocks from City Hall and is accessible by Phila Trolly Works and Big Bus. There's an abundant array of corner cafes, neighborhood pubs and some of Philadelphia’s finest restaurants.
- Bring a camera - ESP may be the most photogenic place you see in years.
- Schedule visit on a fair weather day to avoid rainy-day crowds.
- Mornings may be busy with visiting school groups. Mondays and afternoons are the least-crowded.
- Don't miss a Playhouse Theater live performance see details & showtimes.
- Receive a 25% discount when you spend at least $25 in the Kids Store. See booklet for details.
Parking: Garage (entrance at 21st and Winter streets): Up to 1 hour, $9; 1-5 hrs, $15; 5-12 hrs, $20; up to 24 hours, $25. Metered street parking nearby.
Dining: Franklin Foodworks, Franklin Foodworks Express
Accessibility: Assistive listening devices and wheelchairs available at no charge.
Gift Shop: Sci-Store
Coat Check: Available seasonally.
Parking: Ample and close; $10 per car.
Dining: Feeding Frenzy Café
Accessibility: Aquarium and exhibits are handicap accessible.
Gift Shop: Adventure Pier Gift Shop
Strollers: Permitted, but not recommended in some areas like Stingray Beach Club; available for rent at information desk upon entry.
Parking: Zoo lot, $15. Additional parking along Girard Ave. and 34th St.
Dining: Indoor and outdoor food concessions. Guest allowed to bring own food and drink. Outdoor picnic areas. No alcohol allowed.
Accessibility: First-come, first-served manual wheelchairs (main entrance). Some buildings and exhibit areas are not accessible.
Self-Guide: Maps and guides available. Docent tour reservations, (215) 243-5235 (two-week advance notice required).
Gift Shops: multiple
Strollers: First-come, first-served strollers at main entrance. Some buildings and exhibit areas are not stroller accessible.
Parking: On-site garage: enter on Race Street between 5th and 6th Streets. Mon-Sat, 9am-6pm, Sun, 11am-6pm; call (215) 409-6700 for daily rates. See details.
Dining: Delegates' Cafe
Accessibility: NCC is completely wheelchair accessible. Please indicate any special needs upon arrival or in advance when making a reservation.
Self-Guide: Self-guided audio tour featuring narration by former president, famous authors, and voices from history; $5 per person.
Gift Shop: National Constitution Center Museum Store
Coat Check: Available seasonally at no charge.
Parking: Adjacent lot, $3-10; call (215) 569-8400 x4037 for information. On-street parking also available.
Dining: Bring a picnic lunch; outdoor seating on penitentiary baseball diamond.
Accessibility: Tour route with ADA-compliant ramps; meets most ADA guidelines. Guide dogs and service animals are welcome. Museum gift shop accessible only by set of 3 steps; See details.
Self-Guide: April-November, The Voices of Eastern State audio tour narrated by actor Steve Buscemi is included with CityPASS admission.
Gift Shop: Penitentiary Store
Parking: Adjacent lot, $8 per car (prices subject to change). On-street parking.
Dining: Please Taste Cafe
Accessibility: Fully wheelchair accessible.
Gift Shop: PTM Kids Shop
Strollers: Various areas for stroller parking.
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 7, 32, 33 and 48, and by Regional Rail (Suburban Station); for SEPTA schedules and info, call (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 17 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Public Transportation: Walking distance from SEPTA Market/Frankford Elevated Line and Patco High Speed Line.
RiverLink Ferry: Connects the Camden Waterfront to Philadelphia’s Penn Landing May-September. For schedules, fares or more information, call (215) 925-LINK, or see details.
NJ Transit: Provides year-round train, bus and light rail options; call (800) 772-2287 or see details.
Driving: For driving directions visit adventureaquarium.com or call (856) 365-3300.
Public Transportation: SEPTA via trolley 15 and the nearby bus; for SEPTA schedules and info, (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 13 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 38, 44, 48; Market/Frankford Blue Line at 5th Street Station. For SEPTA schedules and info, call (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 4 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 48, 43, 33, 32 and 7; for SEPTA schedules and info, (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 11 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Public Transportation: SEPTA bus routes 38, 40, 43 and 64 stop within walking distance of Memorial Hall; for SEPTA schedules and info, (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 14 (Today and Tomorrow Ticket is included with CityPASS).
Unscheduled group visits may create a delay in entry. For your convenience, here is list of attractions with specific group requirements. We strongly recommend that you contact them prior to your visit based on the group sizes indicated below. Please feel welcome to also contact attractions not listed here to ensure a smooth entry.
Groups of 10 or more:
Please call (215) 389-TOUR (8687) at least 24 hours before arrival.
Groups of 20 or more: Call (215) 409-6795.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (215) 236-5111 x10.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (215) 581-3167.
Philadelphia Trolley Works and Big Bus Company
Philadelphia CityPASS includes unlimited on/off privileges to 21 stops aboard trolleys and double-decker buses for the first day of use plus the entire following day. Start your tour on board any trolley or double decker bus. Upgrade to an 8-day pass for $28 ($15 for kids) using the coupon in your Philadelphia CityPASS booklet. Click for a printable map.
CityPASS Attraction Tour Stops:
- The National Constitution Center: Stop 3
- Eastern State Penitentiary: Stop 9
- Philadelphia Zoo: Stop 11
- Please Touch Museum: Stop 12
- The Franklin Institute: Stop 14
- The Academy of Natural Sciences: Stop 14
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
SEPTA offers a vast option of transit services, including buses, trolleys, trackless trolleys, subways and Regional Rail. A variety of tickets and passes are available, included 1-day individual and family passes; find fare and purchase information here. Hop aboard and experience the treasures Philadelphia has to share.
RiverLink Ferry offers seasonal point-to-point roundtrip ferry service between Camden, NJ and Philadelphia, PA. This service is generally offered daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day, and on weekends only in May and September. Please be sure to check the schedule here as it is subject to change.
Sky Is Clear
Hi: 70°F Lo: 62°F
Sky Is Clear
Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
CityPASS Attraction Details
Top reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 47%
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997