Save 41% on admission to the top 4 Dallas attractions with CityPASS.
- Get ready to explore 106 acres – the Dallas Zoo is the largest zoological park in Texas.
- Go on Safari at the Giants of the Savanna exhibit and enjoy an interactive experience built around the different species of animals that call the savanna home: elephants, giraffes, impalas, zebras, ostriches, lions, warthogs, red river hogs, guinea fowl, and cheetahs. This is the only exhibit in North America where you’ll see giraffes and elephants together!
- Splash in a stream, ride a pony and feed birds at the award-winning Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo, featuring educational and interactive exhibits that connect families with nature.
- Take a tour through the Wilds of Africa on the Monorail Safari. The 20-minute, one-mile ride takes guests through the 6 habitats of the exhibit – the first zoo exhibit in the world to include every major habitat of an entire continent.
650 South R L Thornton Freeway
Dallas, TX 75203-3013
Closed Christmas Day.
Check website for current hours.
Giraffe Feedings: $5 per food bunch
Bird Feedings: $1 per nectar cup or seed stick
T-rex Express Mini Train: $2 per rider
Endangered Species Carousel: $2 per rider
Pony Rides: $2 per rider (riders must weigh less than 80 pounds)
Monorail Safari: $3 (ages 3 and up); Monorail is currently closed for renovation and is scheduled to re-open late Summer 2015
Discount : Save 10% on purchases in the Zoofari Market gift shop.
Advice for Visitors
- Guests can enjoy daily keeper talks and wildlife shows throughout the Zoo. Check the Zoo map for the daily schedule.
- The Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo features a wading stream, so pack towels and/or a bathing suit for your children. (Swim diapers are required for toddlers.)
- The Nature Exchange in the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo is a nature trading "store" where kids of all ages can trade natural items they’ve found for a multitude of minerals, fossils, bones, and other natural treasures. The value of the trade item is determined by its rarity and by the amount of information the trader has about it. (Please note: no bird eggs, nests, or feathers are accepted.)
- The Dallas Zoo’s Android and iPhone apps are free and packed with information. The GPS-based system provides locations of favorite animals and more than 130 animal descriptions. Facebook users can send automatic messages and photos of our most popular animals to their friends. Our Friend Finder uses GPS locations to connect you to friends who also are enjoying the largest zoo in Texas, while our Near Me feature helps guests locate Zoo amenities like restaurants, vending machines, first aid stations, and rest rooms. To download, search "Dallas Zoo" on your Android or iPhone.
- Dining: Zoofari Food Court, Serengeti Grill, Wilds of Africa Grill, multiple outdoor snack stops open seasonally.
- Gift Shops: Zoofari Market
- Strollers: Available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis; see details.
Best time to visit: During hot weather, many of the animals are inactive during the afternoon, preferring to hide in shady areas to avoid the sun. Plan on arriving first thing in the morning to enjoy the most animal activity.