Save 40% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
Convenient Access to CityPASS Attractions
While I-85 in Atlanta is closed for repairs, there are still convenient options for accessing CityPASS attractions. Visit the Georgia Department of Transportation for more information.
- Get an overload of cuteness when you meet the only twin giant pandas in the U.S., Xi Lun and Ya Lun. Zoo Atlanta is one of four zoos in the U.S. to house this adorable species.
- Visit the largest population of great apes in the U.S.
- Experience the African savanna at African Plains, home to elephants, lions, giraffe, zebras, meerkats and warthogs.
- Explore one of the nation’s most renowned collections of reptiles and amphibians at World of Reptiles – including one of the world’s rarest lizard species, the Guatemalen beaded lizard.
- Meet a keeper or watch training in action at keeper talks and training demos.
800 Cherokee Ave., SE
Atlanta, GA 30315
Open daily, 9:30am-5:30pm
Ticket booths close at 4:30pm.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
(404) 624-WILD (9453)
All-Day Rides Wristband: Take a spin on the carousel, hop on the Zoo Train, and climb to new heights on the rock wall and Canopy Climber with an All-Day Rides Wristband. Regular price is $9, but use the coupon in your booklet to save $1. Wristbands can be purchased at the front gates or the rides ticket booth.
Advice for Visitors
- Check a zoo map for scheduled keeper talks, feedings, free-flight bird show, or training demonstrations. Some are weather dependent.
- Don’t hesitate to talk to Zoo volunteers, docents or staff. They’re happy to provide information and tips.
- Zoo Atlanta has partnered with the Atlanta Checker Cab Company to offer free cab rides from participating hotels to the Zoo (and from the Zoo back to the hotel); see details.
- Dining: Wild Planet Café, Grill Shack, Willie B's, Flamingo Joe's
- Gift Shops: Zoo Atlanta Tading Company, Pandamonium
Best time to visit: Many of the Zoo’s animals are more active – and visible – in the morning or during scheduled feedings.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available for rent. Service animals allowed.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.